New Struts Question

:
03 Mazda 6
I have an '03 Mazda6 and the front end is creaking and squeeking. Think it's time for some front struts.
Just wonder what brand struts people are replacing their OEM struts with. What are the recommendations or it is just better to stick with OEM?
Thanks

Thanks, good idea, will check into it.
Struts have about 60K on them so that was my first thought. Not sure how long they last.

MyMS6 had KYB's for stock struts and mine lasted until 80,000 until they started to feel like they were slamming. So I recently replaced them with shocks/struts from bilstein.

Thanks for the reply. Did you go with the HD Bilsteins? How are they treating you?
I haven't done anything with them yet. Going to take it in and have the bushings checked first like Kusinagi suggested.

Is there a special tool needed to install the front struts?

Yea i used the HD bilsteins with rpm sport springs, and it's wihtout a doubt awesome. I use my ms6 as a dailydriver but i'm also pretty aggressive about my driving habits and my new setup suites me very well. I didn't need anything special for the front, but i don't know if the 03 mazda6 setup is the same as my ms6. Also the rear shocks were a pain in the a$$ to get to, there has to be some kind of special tool for that one.

Latest posts

Back