New Sneakers for CX7

WWNJCX7

Hello All

Just wanted to share my new tire experience for my 2007 CX7.

We all know that the factory tires are a disappointment with most lucky to see 20k, my spirited driving got 21k out of my Bridgestone Turanza's. However, I should have replaced them sooner. After spending some time reading the various posts on this and other sites, I wanted to get the Yoko parada's as my replacement tire. Unfortunately these tires are not to be found in the northeast right now as they are on back order. My second choice was the Kumho KL 51 which has gotten much praise as well, and they are actually one of the least expensive as well. Under 600.00 OTD pricing (including tax) , probably could shave another 50 off for a cash deal.

Anyway my first weekend with the new sneakers and a 500 mile road trip which combined both highway and back country twisties. Initial impression is very good, MUCH quieter then the stocks and excellent handling as well. Bottom line is that I am very happy with my choice at this point and the tires come with a 60k warranty ! Try and beat that with a stick, more than likely I will replace my other car with the same tires (wifes minivan) when it becomes due in another 5k or so.

just my 2cnts

First thing I had to do was get rid of those turanzas good god things only lasted me 11,000 miles!@#!

Turanza's

funny thing is that my wifes T&C mini van has the EXACT tires.....turanza EL42

just rotated the tires @ 36k and they look like they will go another 10k - I really think it has to do with the car more so than the tires. I drive the T&C in a less spirited way however still more aggressive than your typical mom. What I do know is that I will strongly consider the Kumho's for the replacement tire as well. Quiet like you wouldn't believe compared to the Bridgestones.

Latest posts

Back