New Paint On the Motorcycle

Drackonn

:
99 Mazda Protege Lx
Here is my 03 R6 painted Candy Apple Red, the pics dont do it much justice but you get the idea ... as for my next mods to it i have no idea ... maybe chrome the rims ... and get some new rearsets ... but we will see

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0014.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

i have a bar end mirror i need to put back on ... i was anxious and wanted to ride / take pics ... but no the stock mirrors look like garbage heh ... and they were useless anyways ... i always ended up lookin behind me ... so why not make the bike look better :)

what is the point of putting heavy ass chrome wheels on something that is supposed to be fast? i have a hard time understanding why people put chrome on sport bikes. someone explain it to me please

jsgolfer said:
what is the point of putting heavy ass chrome wheels on something that is supposed to be fast? i have a hard time understanding why people put chrome on sport bikes. someone explain it to me please
Dude..give it up...the chrome does not slow you down...even fulluy loaded down with chrome...I would say not much on the street will be faster..yeah..I need to do more than 160+MPH...Chrome looks flat out bad ass....Black is boring...They came stock black....and who likes stock...BLAH!

chrome wheels in total are going to add 3lbs to the bike ... who cares ... have you ever ridden a bike? its faster than anyone ever needs to go in a lifetime, it has so much power i wheelie through 3 gears and my tire floats the rest, if anything the added 3 lbs will help it stay on the ground ... i have topped it out at 170, there is no need to ever go that fast, and i dont approve of street racing, i think its irresponsible, and i like ridin twisties every now and then but i live in florida, there are no twisties and hills, so why not just look good while i ride? everyone knows its fast, there is no reason why i have to show everyone ...

Drackonn said:
chrome wheels in total are going to add 3lbs to the bike ... who cares ... have you ever ridden a bike? its faster than anyone ever needs to go in a lifetime, it has so much power i wheelie through 3 gears and my tire floats the rest, if anything the added 3 lbs will help it stay on the ground ... i have topped it out at 170, there is no need to ever go that fast, and i dont approve of street racing, i think its irresponsible, and i like ridin twisties every now and then but i live in florida, there are no twisties and hills, so why not just look good while i ride? everyone knows its fast, there is no reason why i have to show everyone ...

wheelie through 3 gears ??? on an 03 r6 ??? stronglyyy doubt it.

MIA protege said:
wheelie through 3 gears ??? on an 03 r6 ??? stronglyyy doubt it.
Are you a little 'tarded?
I know you have a bike too..but if you can hit BP and hold it..I bet he can keep it up through 4th if not 5th if he wants to go that fast to stay with the BP.

ForceFed said:
Are you a little 'tarded?
I know you have a bike too..but if you can hit BP and hold it..I bet he can keep it up through 4th if not 5th if he wants to go that fast to stay with the BP.

ok but the way he was talking was on pure power ... he cannot power that up in 3rd gear im sorry ... maybe i misread it but of course if u hit BP u can stay up forever but i dont think thats what he meant. are u a little tarded ?

im little man i weigh like 140 lbs ... in reality it just kinda floats in 3rd, but its higher than 4th ,5th ,and 6th gear so i still consider it coming up and that was a while ago before i knew how to keep the bike down ... its been about 6 months since i really got on it but if i do i can keep first gear almost all the way on the ground so i doubt 3rd gear even comes off the ground anymore ...

i dont feel the need to be doing a million miles an hour anymore ... im more interested in MotoGP and the stunt scene, before the bike was painted i was practicing 1st and second gear clutch ups ... but now thats it painted i dont wanna drop it so im probably gonna buy a beater and put some track plastics on it ... try my hand at stunting and maybe a couple laps around a track and see which one thrills me more.

but either way there is your clarification ... to get an R6 up in 3rd it usually requires the clutch and bouncing it ... there isnt enough torque in 3rd ...

Drackonn said:
but either way there is your clarification ... to get an R6 up in 3rd it usually requires the clutch and bouncing it ... there isnt enough torque in 3rd ...

thank you ... that makes more sense but even off power, an r6 wont come up in 2nd even. i had an 05 636 and it wont come up in second and i had power commander and exhaust. now the 10 is a different story .

zx10's have such crazy power its ridiculous, i think its the way i used to clutch ... i didnt know how to drive a stick when i started to ride ... i basically learned to drive stick / ride at the same time so i probably just sucked at shifting and gave it too much gas before lettin the clutch out in the heat of the moment ... why did you get rid of the 6 for the 10? i wanted to get an R1 ... but i like the way my 6 looks, i wanna go show with it ... but lowering and stretching a 600 is kinda retarded ...

Drackonn said:
zx10's have such crazy power its ridiculous, i think its the way i used to clutch ... i didnt know how to drive a stick when i started to ride ... i basically learned to drive stick / ride at the same time so i probably just sucked at shifting and gave it too much gas before lettin the clutch out in the heat of the moment ... why did you get rid of the 6 for the 10? i wanted to get an R1 ... but i like the way my 6 looks, i wanna go show with it ... but lowering and stretching a 600 is kinda retarded ...

cuz i ride around with a bunch of 1000s ... started getting old staying in the back. i liekd my 636 but then the new 10 came out and i fell in love with the dual pipes coming out the back. this thing is a wheelie monster, especially since i dropped a tooth in the front. s*** comes up in 3rd easy str8 off throttle.

u should get an R1 ... very nice bike. and i agree, stretching a 600 looks retarded.

Back