New Owner / New Member

pdk36

:
2011 CX-9 GT Fully Loaded, Dolphin Grey
Proud owner of a new 2011 CX-9 GT fully loaded, Dolphin Grey. Have only had it for 3 days but can honestly say it's head and shoulders above the 2011 Ford Edge it is replacing. CX-9 Driver ergonomics are first rate and fit and finish look great.

PDK36, Welcome brother to the best CX-9 forum on the net!
I recently wrote an estimate on a pretty new edge, and the chromed plastic around the fog lights was chipping away, and the seal under the rear spoiler was falling down in the middle. Before I got my 9, a buddy of mine in the industry was trying to convince me how nice the edges are, I had to do alot of 'splaining to him.

Thanks, guys. Had the Edge since Nov 10' and have had nothing but trouble with the Ford MyTouch interface. GPS never worked right, would push the stereo power button and it would sometimes take 5 min for the radio to turn on. Had it in to the dealer countless times for software updates that sometime took 3 - 4hrs. And still, the MyTouch never worked right. System is so under processed it's not even funny. This is what happens when you partner with Microsoft and don't do enough testing. Other than that, fit and finish throughout was lacking. Can't say enough about the CX-9 and how much we like it...so far :)

helbigtw, you noticing and real power gains from the K&N drop-in air filter? Has there been any change to the sound of the engine at idle and under load? Thx.

No and no. I mainly put it in for a little added fuel economy (the laws of physics paper vs cotton can't be disputed). But I have not noticed any gain or any change in sound. Kinda wish our exhaust had a little more ummpfff and wish the intake was not so quiet. All you hear are the timing chains hitting the guides. I plan to completely disassemble my intake (resonator, air box, intake tubes etc) as soon as i hit 50K to see what I can take out. My passat had a metal screen dome filter inside the intake tubing ahead of the main filter, and just by taking out that metal dome screen filter, it immediately gave the VR6 noticeably more power, and better sounding intake. I'm hoping the cx-9 has something stupid like that as well.

Back