New Owner Here

clandestine

:
2009 CX-9 GT AWD w/GT Assist and Moonroof/Bose in black cherry
09 GT AWD with the GT Assist and Moonroof/Bose packages in Black Cherry. this ride is so pimp its ridiculous. love the advanced key and the tech behind the blind spot detection - while fairly simple - is impressive. going in soon for options install. when I tell ppl what features come standard they say "...and this is a MAZDA?"

Consumer Reports report was the best $14 ever spent. Knowing that the dealer invoice is $300 lower than the advertised invoice, and that there was a $3k unadvertised dealer incentive and $700 dealer holdback helped get the price down.

traded in an 01 Accord EX V6 sedan w/a CAI and various OEM options and minor upgrades. loved that car, and was sad to see it go... for about 5 minutes. (glare)

the only thing I'm hating right now are the holes the dealer drilled into the front bumper.

nice to find a group of enthusiasts to glean some information from. with any luck I'll have something to contribute in the near future.

Last edited:
Congrats.. So when are you gonna slap some Volks on this bad boy??? The have 20" fitments now :)

Thanks, I dunno... I'm kindof digging the stock wheels at the moment. I'm real particular about wheels too, so at the moment I'm thinking a couple of years out, once I get tired of the stock wheels and once the 9s are more common. as it stands, not many ppl know what this car is so I feel it stands out from the crowd already.

my priority (for $$) is to get the dealer options. I'm told we get a 10 or 15% coupon in the mail in a couple of weeks - any word on that? I'm looking at roof rack and cross bars, rear bumper cover, cargo net, and I'm also going to look into the iPod integration module advertised in the brochure. not sure if the BT audio support in iPhone OS 3.0 release will make that obsolete since the 9 supports it...

and before wheels I'll probably go CAI.

Congrats. It seems like everyone is getting a good deal. I just don't get Mazda's pricing tactics. Award winning cars that MSRP for 40 and sell for 31.5-32. What gives?

Congrats.

Why did the dealer drill holes in your bumper?

I would do wheels before CAI, since the CX9 has a CAI already, and not a bad one for original. There is an entire thread on this, and so far the evidence doesn't show that this vehicle would benefit from an after market CAI over stock. I looked extensively at the intake and I just don't see an add-on doing better.

For wheels, I'm looking at the Verde Shiv or the Alba Dash.

http://www.tradeunion.com/website/product_detail.aspx?wudId=22185&pro=1

http://www.wheelsandspinners.com/product.php?productid=439#

Congrats. It seems like everyone is getting a good deal. I just don't get Mazda's pricing tactics. Award winning cars that MSRP for 40 and sell for 31.5-32. What gives?

thanks... not quite that low on mine. and I arranged everything by getting a quote online and negotiating through email, quoting the Consumer Reports data. we had heard from friends that getting the deal online/email is the best way to go. I suppose statistically they're less likely to close the deal than if you set foot in the dealer.

Congrats.

Why did the dealer drill holes in your bumper?

I would do wheels before CAI...

thanks...

the holes are for CA state law, and they drove it from another dealer so I doubt I'd have been able to avoid it.

thanks for the word on the CAI - I'll definitely do my homework before making any purchases (~if). the setup is definitely drawing air from outside of the engine bay - lots of newer cars seem to do this already. but the 9 actually appears to be a forced air/ram intake. I'd like the cheap and easy bump in performance from an aftermarket instake, but if there isn't any I'll leave well enough alone and still be happy.

nice choices on wheels. it's important to match the wheel to the car (most ppl don't, just pick what looks good on the shelf), but I think you found some good candidates.

I'm SO glad we live in Arizona. No front plates. (The bars come out. I don't drive around like that all the time)

Slap in a K&N or other oiled filter. some have reported more low end, which I can confirm, and they continue breathing better as they get dirty. Just clean and re oil every 20k or so.
If you notice, the intake is fairly large and round, the filter has good surface area compared to the tubes, and the intake manifold is composite. All increasing flow and keeping down the air temperature. We live a mile up and get good air into the engine.

I spent months looking at wheels before settling on those. I basically want the same look, but polished or chrome, rather than painted.

Attachments

• Front Ties.JPG
    Front Ties.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 358
Back