New MS3 owner, saying hi.

Been on the forum for a couple days lurking. Finally I will introduce myself. Already met afew of you on the SRT board. My name is Bullseye there.

I sold my Cobra awhile back in plans, amongst other things, to buy a C6 down to the road.

I still have my 99 Z28 A4(Old Daily). But I figured I would put that up for sale and get a new daily.

I wanted my next car to be new, fwd or awd, fuel efficient, practical and yet still quick. And I didn't want to spend more than low 20's.

I narrowed it down to three cars...
2008 Honda Civic Si
2007-8 Mini Cooper S
2008 Mazdaspeed 3

While the Civic had one of the best factory shifter and clutch feel I have ever felt, the rest of the car was lackluster to me. That combined with I couldn't get one for invoice was a turn off. Everyone wanted sticker and wouldn't budge.

The mini cooper was fun to drive, quicker than the Si IMO. But built the way I wanted which was many options brought the total right around 26k. And again I had to pay sticker.

Then I checked out the Mazdaspeed 3. Night and day power difference between the two. Definitely very practical, can haul larger items due to the hatch configuration. Car was quite nice, and I got the dealer to do invoice.

So, yesterday I took delivery of a brand new 2008 Mica Black Mazdaspeed 3 Sport.

I went with the SPort over the GT because I couldn't justify 2k for headlights, tails, some leather trim, and a weak bose radio.

here it is.

08mazdaspeed3010.jpg

08mazdaspeed311.jpg

08mazdaspeed3013.jpg

08mazdaspeed3015.jpg

08mazdaspeed3017.jpg
[/

Nice choice. I find it funny that you say the clutch/shifter is the best part of t he SI. I find it to be the worst - it's the sole reason why I wanna get rid of my SI at times. You'll find it grinds when shifting at high RPMs into 2nd, and 3rd gear is very very very 'notchy'.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard... nice choice on the MS3! and I hope you get your C6 someday as well... I like your taste in cars :D

Now the COLOR on the other hand... well wont comment on that(evil)

Congrats on the sweet purchase! Good job getting the sport...there's no need for fancy lights, leather inserts, and an average bose system. You have the speed and that's all you need!

Congrats on the sweet purchase! Good job getting the sport...there's no need for fancy lights, leather inserts, and an average bose system. You have the speed and that's all you need!

i disagree! i love the GT package....but to each his own

welcome to the forums anyway, enjoy the car!

No need to bash the GT...why the hate? Personally I think the xenons are almost worth the price diff alone.

Good choice beautiful car . I got the GT myself but was kinda depressed when I found out it didn't have heated seats . But it give's me a smile every day . Just this past weekend I fit quite a large table for my living room in the back with no problems at all.. here's a pick ... I'm quite impressed with it....the car I mean. the table is ok too i guess.

Attachments

• DSCF1096.JPG
    DSCF1096.JPG
    536 KB · Views: 91
First plans for is some winter wheels. Need some 17's. I already have some Blizzaks Ws50's from my old Crossfire Lease.

But as far as mods go...
This thing needs a short throw kit asap.

So, I will getting one for sure. Then I will be doing a steering wheel mounted boost gauge, MS CAI.

And hopefully the Cobb AP if it comes out. And depends what else comes to be.

If you don't mind a little cabin noise I think you should go for a new motor mount I used to mis-shift quite a bit before I got a new one probably be able to take full advantage of the short throw with it also.

Back