New Member from PA

aaron88

:
2008.5 Mazdaspeed 3 GT
Hello everyone, new member here from Allentown, PA.

Just joined up because I'm looking to purchase a well taken care of '07-'09 Speed 3. I thought this would be a good place to get some more info on the platform and maybe even find a local Speed 3 for sale. :D

I've never owned a Mazda before, but I'm heavily involved in the Ford Contour community, owning two '99 SVTs and a daily driven '98 SE. Seeing that I'm into well handling sport compacts I figured the Speed 3 would be the logical next vehicle for me.

Glad to be here and hopefully I can find a clean Speed 3 that I can call my own soon. :)

Hi everyone, just figured I'd update this thread since I ended up getting a really well taken care of 08.5 CWP MS3 GT in September.

All stock except for tint when I got it. Since then I added I added Rally Armor UR mud flaps, CS shorty antenna, Lamin-X clear headlight covers/yellow fog covers, Weather-tech digital fit floor mats, CS interior LED kit, Redline Goods leather armrest cover, Mazda rubber cargo protector, LED reverse lights, & SU plate frame.

I have a Forge V2 BPV, COBB SRI, & Sure shortcut waiting to be installed when the car comes out of storage for the winter.

Here are a few pictures from when I first got it before the mods.

2FFC427D-1BFC-4D6E-8CD3-C77B158AF173-11312-00001364CF1E50C0.jpg

FC48FAAA-686D-4E0A-90A5-B6FB4C7CB61A-11312-000013644D9DC415.jpg

C43A3100-D44B-458F-AE5B-771D550B4D82-11312-000013649D5AECAE.jpg

Last edited:
Belated welcome to the forum and congrats on finding one. Looks clean and who cant love cwp? Haha. Im not up in the allentown area much but if you see a red p5 with blue steelies that would be me.

Just got the SURE Torq R3 RMM in. Heard nothing but good things about it, seems really beefy! It will go on when I get the car out of hibernation. LoL

F222F073-F2F2-4843-A0BF-19DD3078785C-6051-00000CF9445F0C1D.jpg

Just got the SURE Torq R3 RMM in. Heard nothing but good things about it, seems really beefy! It will go on when I get the car out of hibernation. LoL

F222F073-F2F2-4843-A0BF-19DD3078785C-6051-00000CF9445F0C1D.jpg

If you've heard nothing but good things, then you need to search more. Seriously.

google "SURE motorsports design flaws". first link that pops up is the one.

It is a long read, but in the end it is worth the time spent. SURE has a habit of making flawed parts.

Ya, do your research on SURE. Follow the above advice about googling it and you should be in for a world of knowledge.

The order of google results will be different for different people if they have google accounts active so you should probably give more details when asking someone to google for a specific hit.

I believe "SURE motorsports design flaws" is rather specific. I'll help more.......it's a post located on msf.

Just wanted to update this thread with the latest news/mods.

After doing much reading and research I decided to unload the SURE RMM & Shortcut in new, uninstalled condition due to documented design flaws in both parts. I don't how both parts would have performed in my particular case, but it really wasn't a risk I was willing to take.

So, since then, I purchased and installed the JBR 80A molly RMM, adjustable shift plate, and matching weight. I have the solid shifter base bushings as well, but will install those at a later time. I also installed the COBB SRI & accompanying cold air box. Forge V2 BPV went in as well and I painted & decal'ed the calipers.

Next up is a COBB Accessport V3 with Stage 1, 91 octane OTS tune to compliment the new SRI. I think the new, larger display will be nice to use a monitoring device too. I'm fairly new to ECU tuning so any tips/tricks anyone would like to share on the subject or the AP V3 in general would be much appreciated!

Pics to follow...

Back