New Mazda Owner T-dot (Toronto)

da1nonly

:
Mazda 5 Sport
Hey M5 owners!!!

Just picked up a 2007 Black Mazda 5 Sport (with tints) a little over a week ago.

Me, the wife and 3 kids are loving it...

can't wait for the summer so we can really enjoy this ride... I'm especially interested in getting a couple of minor mods done to enhance the overall appearance to my liking... namely fogs and front lip... if anyone knows any locations in toronto to get this done please let me know...

any fellow canadians around?

da1nonly said:
hehe, you're funny... like tviera said, you crazy canucks are infesting this place (canada)

Welcome and hope you find this site useful. Lots of good info here. Enjoy your Zoom-Zoominess!

when it comes to the M5 I guess great minds think alike...

just goes to show you that canucks have good taste too....

mazda 5 thinking outside the box...

jandree22 said:
Mazda's got deep pockets when it comes to marketting Canada appearently, because the brand is much bigger up there than down in the states.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=mazda&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all

alot of zoom zoom commercials here... but suprisingly I've never seen a mazda5 commercial... it just caught my eye when I drove by the dealership one time... looked different from anything i've seen b4.... and i wanted something different but practical... too many toyotas and hondas here in toronto....mazda not as popular here as it is in montreal from what i've seen.... imho

da1nonly said:
Hey M5 owners!!!

Just picked up a 2007 Black Mazda 5 Sport (with tints) a little over a week ago.

Me, the wife and 3 kids are loving it...

can't wait for the summer so we can really enjoy this ride... I'm especially interested in getting a couple of minor mods done to enhance the overall appearance to my liking... namely fogs and front lip... if anyone knows any locations in toronto to get this done please let me know...

Welcome aboard......

Did you say eh.... ottawa here

da1nonly said:
alot of zoom zoom commercials here... but suprisingly I've never seen a mazda5 commercial...

Wow, really? I looked at the Mazda5 totally because of the commerical with the guy carrying the baby in one of those slings, going to pick up his wife at the school (where she was a teacher). Great commercial. It literally made me go, "$19,995? Sliding doors? I need to check this thing out"

Three weeks later I had a Carbon Grey GT. My wife thinks it's the best car ever made.

I was all over the 5 when they started showing the concept, thinking "right, they won't possibly bring that to North America"... the European styling really caught my eye, and with a young family it is just perfect for us. :)

Vancouver, BC here.

c0der said:
Wow, really? I looked at the Mazda5 totally because of the commerical with the guy carrying the baby in one of those slings, going to pick up his wife at the school (where she was a teacher). Great commercial. It literally made me go, "$19,995? Sliding doors? I need to check this thing out"
+1

If it wasn't for this particular commercial, I would have no clue what a "5" is nor have the keys in my pocket. I will say, however, I only saw the commercial maybe 5 times ever.

c0der said:

Three weeks later I had a Carbon Grey GT. My wife thinks it's the best car ever made.

I gotta check that commercial out... must've missed that... i only stumbled across this when we were car shopping and stopped in the mazda dealership to see how the mazda3 would fit our family of 5... then i saw the mazda5 on the lot and thought i was looking at a matrix (which we were also considering) then low and behold it had 3 rows and 6 seats... a match made in heaven... did some research and went to buy a couple weeks later...

I was actually checking all the major manufacturers websites when I saw the 5.

I've never seen a commercial for a 5 here in North Texas, but I've seen plenty for the 3 and 6. They advertized pretty heavily when the CX7 came out, but not a single plug for the 5.

Hi and welcome to the site.

Every day I find the 5 to be more and more convenient, it's so versatile and spacious especially compared to the cars I have previously owned and to top it off it looks great too (band) (dance)

it's really grown on me... i didn't like the stigma of the soccer mom van and from various angles it's looking less and less like the typical van... it looks really good from many angles... i like calling it beefy hatchback...

hey koa, that pic you have of the lowered 5 looks sweet

da1nonly said:
it's really grown on me... i didn't like the stigma of the soccer mom van and from various angles it's looking less and less like the typical van... it looks really good from many angles... i like calling it beefy hatchback...

hey koa, that pic you have of the lowered 5 looks sweet
Thanks da1nonly.

It's weird how the last 6 months I had only seen one Mazda 5 on the roads and now I got mine I saw 4 in one day a couple of days ago, since then only one.. (drive) So I think I will have to start the modding soon, I need to be different (freak)

and then there's people like me.. a single college guy who wants a Mazda5 for no good reason, other than the fact that they look cool and have the zoom-zoom I love.

Back