New Ideas!!

ugadogs_11

:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6
So I am really ADD with my car and I always want to change it. Right now I have a Titanium Grey Speed 6. It has EVO X wheels and H&R springs. I was thinking about getting a set of 18 X 8.5 Enkei RPF1, maybe some Eibach springs to lower it a little more. I was also thinking about getting some sway bars, maybe coilovers. But the one question I have is I was thinking about taking out the back seat and getting a couple bride seats for the front seats and a harness bar with some takata harnesses. Anyone seen this done on our cars?

Thanks
Austin

Last edited:
You're probably going to have some serious rubbing if you're lowered on 18x8.5 wheels. I'd keep it to 18x8 at the widest.

As far as stripping the interior...

I bought the MS6 because I wanted a nice balance of performance and luxury. I think that stripping the interior, adding racing seats and ESPECIALLY adding four-point harnesses strays from the spirit of the MS6. Then again, this thing is my daily driver, so doing such things is out of the question.

I definitely understand the upgrade addiction, though! There's ALWAYS something that can be done it it drives me crazy!

-Jay

I love the idea of the Bride seats. I've always (jealously) eyeballed the Auto-Exe sport seats, and I'm sure with the right set of sport seats it could turn out well.

Here's my take on things:

Going from H&R springs to Eibachs = bad idea. If you're going to spend money on suspension, switch to coilovers and get something designed for the MS6. I'd definitely recommend the rear sway, but I wouldn't worry about the front. You'll readjust the suspension to understeer if you do both.

As for the seats, anything you put in will cause the airbag light to come on, unless you jump out the plug with a dummy resistor to make it think the airbag is still in place. You can make yourself one of these by taking the original seat plug and wiring in a resistor (I think they're usually around 11-13 ohms).

I don't think stripping the interior down is going to be beneficial, unless you're going for a big upgrade and running it on the track all the time. If you pull the unnecessary junk out of the car, then it might be worthwhile.

As for the wheels, with 8.5" wide ones, you better have the fenders rolled. I'm sure with the right offset it'll work alright, but the rears might be an issue. Love the look of the RPF1's though.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I am going to definately look into the RPF1s. I am currently running 18 X 8.5 and I have the fenders rulled and pulled and repainted.

Back