New here.. With a Toyota

Galliano

Hey guys and girls. I joined around 15 mins ago mainly to read up on the Eunos Cosmo (I have a.. huge love for them) so I wanted to find out a bit about them, what models are available, what colours they come in, and trims etc etc.

My names Sam, i'm currently 16 and living in the UK. I have put a deposit down on a Gen 2 Toyota Paseo. It will be my first car and I am collecting it in March. Really can't wait for that.

Anyway, just planning out how I want my car history to be like, and the Cosmo is a huge part of the plan (whilst forever keeping my Paseo..) so want to find some good shots of what they are like all round, and mainly find out everything about them before I turn.. 20-23 and import one. I have a feeling, through doing some reading, that Antoine is a Cosmo enthusiast, so no doubt il be throwing a few questions his way some day.

Anyway, thats enough about me. Here is what my car will be like come march..

09JAE094.jpg

Running the standard 1.5 5e-fe engine with 47000 miles from new (bearing in mind its a 1997 car)
Full UK spec optional extras + extra modification goodies such as rear anti sway bar, lowering by 40mm, full stainless steel exhaust system and 5e-fhe throttle bodies.

I cannot wait to get it :D

So yeah, Hi :)

Sam

Sam...A young Eunos Cosmo Fan...Welcome to Mazda Forums! (hi)

Glad you joined...Great intro and Congrats in advance on the Paseo (nice ride (thumb) ).

Sam welcome to the forums. Now that is one clean Paseo! Does it have any mods done to it? The Paseos in the region I live in the states are either all rusted out or are off the roads. The Eunos is an awesome car. To bad Mazda did not import it here to NA.

Its got quite a few mods, subtle of course.

Il post some more pictures in a mo, and the speclist that it currently has.

You can't ban me, I love the Eunos Cosmo :p

Here is the spec list and some more shots.

IMGP2144.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

IMGP2145.jpg

IMGP2146.jpg

<b>Engine</b>

TRD Panel filter
Corolla Inlet Manifold
Magnecore 8mm Ignition Leads
Custom cat-back exhaust

<b>Suspension/Brakes</b>

KYB Excel-G shock absorbers
Tein lowering springs
Whiteline adjustable panhard rod
Tanabe front strut brace
Black Diamond grooved front brake discs
Black Diamond brake pads

<b>Drivetrain</b>

TC shortshifter
Royal Purple gearbox oil

<b>Exterior</b>

Toyota Optional Lip Kit
Toyota Optional Rear spoiler
Team Dynamics 'Jet' alloy wheels
Clear side repeaters
De-egged front indicators
Xenon Headlight bulbs
Tinted rear windows

<b>Interior</b>

Kenwood CD player
AE92 Corolla Gti front seats
Cynos rear seats
Cynos Doorcards
TRD gearknob
Carbon fibre effect dial surround and clock surround

<b>Plans</b>

Centre Console/Armrest from a Starlet Glanza (also an option for the Cynos (Japanese name for Paseo))
Optional Headlamp Protectors
Carpeted Glovebox and ashtray
Professionally build sound system concentrating on music quality. Build includes two subs, two amps, 4 speakers and tweeters. This will also include alcantara boot install and custom door pods.
Front bumper respray (scrape on the nearside corner - chips in front lip)
Lips bonded into the bumpers, still visible kink but make it all one peice.
Jazz up the engine bay.
Starlet Glanza Leather Steering wheel (4 spoke, identical to the Paseo one, but leather)
Colour Coded Door Mirrors
Colour Coded door Handles
US Spec Rear Light Clusters

Hope thats good enough for you guys? :p

Last edited:
what the eff... been in two continents and ive never seen a paseo look this good... i bet the prev owner took care of it like a baby...

i like the brick road...

Nice paseo the engine bay is scream for the 1.3L turbo starlet engine though. Makes the car alot more fun to drive and not as gutless

Due to having to pay insurance... I will be turbo-ing it in a few years time. I will be using the standard 5efe and turbo that. I will source all the parts for the build over the next few years, even a spare 5efe. If that means buying a donor car, I really don't mind :p

thats alot of money! what do you see in paseo? is it supposted to be a daily? (in other words, what are your intentions for it now and in the future and how does the cosmo fit in?)

Its not often you see a 16 year old who knows exactly what car he wants, so props for that.

Well my auntie bought a Paseo around 10 years ago and ive been an enthusiast since, due to it being rare and cheap. This will be my main car, and in a few years I will buy a Cosmo for the occasional drive. That or I buy a Cosmo whilst the Paseo is a project.. we will see how the years pan out. I'd like to keep the Paseo a long time though, so maybe the Cosmo will be my posh businessman car :p

Right, I have had the car since the 25/03 and I believe its time I update this thread with some new shots.

Mainly being anal about the cleanliness and I have replaced a few damaged items, and added some OEM options.

1.jpg

5.jpg

13.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_HIaZ3-ozsUo/S7JaxRSB18I/AAAAAAAAABQ/8Zw2NrF0Qlw/s320/17.jpg
18.jpg

16.jpg

I swapped the bootlock with a spare I had - was in better condition as my old one was flaking of paint and drooping a bit.
14.jpg

15.jpg

Fitted my optional headlight protectors - just for the knowledge I wont smash the lamps to pieces with stones..
12.jpg

There were, as I named them, s***-taker mats placed over the top if the standard Paseo floormats, so I examined them - MINT! s***-takers remain in the car whereas the Paseo mats live under my bootcarpet.
23.jpg

Engine bay has had a good tidy up and spraying of the cam cover and manifold heat shield. This will blatantly get a splash of turbo in a few years.
21.jpg

Last but not least, the car came with the standard Toyota Cassette player. This needed to be changed. US charged over $600 for these new a few years ago, I got it for 70 from a friend - can't complain! Fitted it up and it even had a cd in it too!
24.jpg

If anyone is interested in reading the blog I made, feel free - Rhys The Paseo (Blogspot)

Back