New Guy says hi!

hoofdpijn

:
Mazda3 i 4-door Sport
Hey everybody. So I got run off the road last week (hit and run) in my 92 miata (which I bought new in 92) and had to bite the bullet and get a new car. Since I couldn't find a Mazda 2 with a manual in a color I liked I jumped on a 2011 Mazda3 i 4-door Sport, mtx.

They sold it to me for basically the same price as a Mazda 2 Touring so I got a fair amount more car for the same amount of money I guess.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the car overall with the exception of the Turanza tires which seem extremely noisy to me. Other than that, it's quite a jump up in comfort going from a 20 year old Miata as a daily driver to a 2011 Mazda3. Feels like a Bentley in there to me. ;)

Just popping in to say hello! Looking forward to poking around in here.

Last edited:
Welcome and congrats on the purchase of your new MZ3! I rid myself of those Turanza tires as soon as it got below 40 degrees in November of last year; these tires were just terrible in cold/rainy weather and needless to say I didn't want to see what they would behave in the snow, haha! I replaced them with Continental ExtremeContact DWS, but you could get away with the DW tires since you don't see much/or any snow in Texas.

Enjoy the new car!

I hated the turanzas. i had no traction in wet weather. I have nexxen 3000's right now any they rarely lose grip. Gongrats on the new car bro, sorry about ur miata :-(
Welcome and congrats on the purchase of your new MZ3! I rid myself of those Turanza tires as soon as it got below 40 degrees in November of last year; these tires were just terrible in cold/rainy weather and needless to say I didn't want to see what they would behave in the snow, haha! I replaced them with Continental ExtremeContact DWS, but you could get away with the DW tires since you don't see much/or any snow in Texas.

Enjoy the new car!

welcome, any pics of the car yet?

Well only the one. Ignore the dork in the front.. :)
m3day1.jpg

Thanks for the welcome everyone! You guys have me scared to death of the first rain with these tires. I guess lucky we're in the middle of drought here in Texas. I'm really liking the car so far though. I do think the drive by wire throttle gives it a weird disconnected feeling but I guess I'll get used to it. I feel like my right foot is just making suggestions rather than actually controlling anything. :) I've already started making mental notes of mods I want to do. I'll probably replace the steel wheels when it comes time to dump these turanzas and maybe a short shift kit and a then cat back to give the exhaust note a bit more presence.

I was hoping I might be able to retrofit the factory cruise control but I see that the ability to do that, easily, stopped in 2009. Pity.

Last edited:
I hated the turanzas. i had no traction in wet weather. I have nexxen 3000's right now any they rarely lose grip. Gongrats on the new car bro, sorry about ur miata :-(

Thanks bud. I had the miata towed home this week so I'm going to just fix it myself. I have a buddy at work with an entire miata front suspension so he's going let me have whatever parts I need cheap. It's getting relegated to fun/hobby car status for now. The shop quoted me $1500 but I figure I can get it done for less than $200.

Thanks! I'm a small town just north of Dallas. Been in Texas my whole life, you'd think I'd be used to the heat by now. :)

Oh we just moved from Missouri. Were over in west Texas though...little town by midland...which is by Odessa. Haha. And yeah I actually love the weather!! It's about the same degrees wise but no humidity makes a HUGE difference.

Back