New Gtr!!!!!!!!!!!

YuYuRena

:
2003.5 MSP TG
New GTR coming to the State in 2007 :eek:. Better Start saving those pennis and watch out Mitsu and Scubbie. :D

Here's the article:

Nissan Motor To Launch New GTR Sports Model Globally 2007

The Nikkei English News Service via NewsEdge Corporation : TOKYO (Dow Jones)--Nissan Motor Co. (7201.TO) will market from 2007 a new model of its flagship sports auto, the GTR, as a global car, president Carlos Ghosn said Wednesday at a round-table meeting with the media.

It will be the first time for Nissan to market the model globally. Ghosn said the company will launch the model in markets including the U.S., Europe and Japan.

The new GTR is expected to be the successor to the Skyline GTR model, which was launched in January 1998 and available only in Japan. Nissan stopped marketing that model in August 2002.

Ghosn declined to provide any sales targets for the new model.

-By Yoshio Takahashi, Dow Jones Newswires; 813-5255-2929; yoshio.takahashi@dow jones.com

-Edited by Bennett Richardson and Kirsty Mackenzie

221316 JST OCT 03

NKviaNewsEdge .end (paragraph)<<The Nikkei English News Service -- 10/22/03>>

oh man oh man! I'm curious as to a price. In Japan don't they run about $50K?? In america I'm sure it's going to be Porsche territory, but I may already have pre-approval from my wife. I got her to agree that importing an R32 would be ok if we could come up with half in cash.....all I needed was $40K!! Now if they comes stateside I won't have to pay double to have it converted over to meet emmissions or saftey standards. Also, my wife will be out of school with her PHD in sociology and pyschology. Every now and then a blind squirrel finds an acorn!!

rival the 350Z.....there is no rival for the Skyline....except maybe the next RX-7!! That is my favorite rivalry. Skyline vs RX7 vs Supra (some models). Holy crap, I remember someone else saying that Toyota was doing anew Supra also. This is shaping up to be my wet-dream

The G35 is basically a base model Skyline in disguse and the G35 is a slightly detuned 350Z... If they bring a True skyline over here it will be expensive as s*** like you guys said porsce terriorty such as 70-80K... Ive seen some conecpt versions of the car... looks terrible

I wish the Japanese would stop making all thier concept cars looking retarded. The new RX-8 barely flies in my book, and 350z looks like a bathtub on wheels. I saw pics of the new GTR r35 and it looks terrrible, it looked like a 350 with corvette tails.

The new supra(2005) looks like a DB7 vantage from Aston Martin.

But the cars themselves are nice, that is the old ones are. Knowing the USA the new cars will have a lot of restrictions placed on them. The RX-8 should of be twin turbo, I dont want to hear thier lame excuses. :)

Eric

The RX8 will never be a turbo car. Too many problems with rotories and turbo's. This new renesis motor is STUNNING! I'm more impressed with it every day I learn something else it can do. There will be a forced induction version coming out, but the new RX7 is rumored to have a larger motor. Instead of 1.3L for the RX8 the RX7 is said to be "punched out" to 1.9L or so. Thats friggin amazing! Honestly, get over this whole "turbo-or-nothing" mindset. The rotory engine is a marvel in and of itsself. Also, I thoroughly loved the new skyline look. I wouldn't care if they would start importing us over the 99 skylines with no revisions. I'd be damn happy. I can't get over how ungratefull some of these opinions are!

Well I just say the R35 concept car, I havent seen the production car yet. And I know the renesis is awesome motor, it redlines at 9krpm, and it gets there blazing fast. I just wish it had more hp, and the easiest way for that is turbo. I mean 32k for 250 hp, I guess thats alright.

Go to modernracer.com, they have some spy shots of the new supra.

Eric

I looked up some of the cars you speak of....and they don't look too good. Here's the new skyline......looks like the cadillac CTS.

gtr02.jpg

And the new Supra? looks somewhat decent i guess.

2005_supra_multi_view.jpg

FT-SS-05Supra1.jpg

The new Cadillac concept car, "Sixteen" is hella nice though.

photoExt1_med.jpg

engine2.jpg
all-aluminum 13.6-liter (830 cu in), 32-valve, 16-cylinder engine. It has 1000 horses and 1000 lbs of torque. DAAAMMMNN!!!!

that is one bad looking car.... I loved the R34 GTR... and the design made me a sadddd panda...

see? now people understand what I'm talking about, all these new cars are looking retarded, the CTS is a good example, the new skyline, 350z. Someone needs to shoot the designers.

Why do cars have to change anyway? Wtf is up with that? I never understood why the stringray had to die. Even though the C5 is awesome! :)

Eric

Oh my god. If that's what they're gonna turn the skyline into then just don't do it. The new supra catch's my eye. Except the Light and grill situation. I don't like how they are kinda intergrated into one piece.

Nope still don't like the GTR after looking 3 more times. The G35 and the 350Z look good and are all the variations of that body style they need. Well except for the roadster.

I think the companies need to get back into the 240SX, Prelude, MX-6 type of cars. Great body style, affordable prices, and tons of potential.

And SHOREBROKE ......... God Damn but that's a hot AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some of the shots I took at NAIAS in 2002, when they feature the GTR Concept.

/members/YuYuRena/gtr.jpg

The classic tail-light
/members/YuYuRena/gtr_back.jpg

Now remember these are concept cars and some of the stuff might not make it into production, plus 2007 is like 3 more years away, so a lot of things can change. Wait until the pre-production concept like in 04 or 05 auto show year. I'm just glad that these Japanese companies are finally bringing back their sports car.

man there is just no pleasing some people!! Who in the hell is going to b**** about owning a new skyline GT-R?? or the ugly (imo) supra.
Also, the Renesis has a hell of a lot more rpm than 9K. It's just set from the factory to run 9K. The same rotors used in the 13b's turning 12K rpm's are in the new renesis, much lighter, much stronger, much more detonation resistant. I couldn't have asked for more. As far as HP goes, it's just a number. If you look at what that car can do on the track you'll forget that the correct hp is 237. not 250. Even with less power it'll stil lap the S2000. Not to mention seating for four. Give mazda some props, they really did their homework on this car. I cant wait for the RX7, and Skyline. My only question now is what color to get.....in my dreams

damn, it's about time. if they can actually make the price similar to those in japan, it should be available at an m3 price..i think. i believe r34 v-spec ii was about $49-53k. the nur version was the one costing about $90k. either way, since it's nissan who's actually going to be controlling emissions and all that junk instead of motorex or other import company, we can see prices farily close to those.

Back