New GT

My wife just bought a '10 GT 2.5 to replace her '05 GT that started all this Mazda ownership. I drove all the hatchback cars when we got the '05 and I said, "You know, this is the best car, it just needs a bit more power for me." Frankly, they all did (including the overpriced GTi, in second place) so, the '08 Speed + mods came my way and she went with the '05 GT.

The '10 is a good car for her, more torquey, better ride, better shifter, better clutch and steering feel, quieter than the '05. Likely also to be the anvil for reliability the '05 has been, too. All that car ate during ownership was brake pads and gas. My wife ought to get kickbacks from Mazda for convincing at least 8 people to buy MZ3s in the last 3 years.

So, bye-bye to the old and in with the new....my car still gets the garage, though...;)

Congrats

She should really be thankful and happy. What a nice car. My car enjoys the garage too, but sometimes I give up the garage for the bedroom, (LOL).

Here it is, har!

The 2010 GT is a better car than the one it replaces mechanically. Better engine (2.5l), strong down low and up top, better trans and shifter, better clutch uptake, better ride and handling, quieter.

I'm still hoping the interior and exterior look of the car grow on me. The whole car seems a touch overstyled and forced-looking. Not ugly per se but, overly dramatic.

Attachments

• IMG_2708.JPG
    IMG_2708.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 147
Back