New CX-9 owner

AnotherCX-9

:
23’ CX-9 Carbon
Hi all! This forum has been very useful and helpful for me before my purchase. Thank you all! I have been viewing many post and I decided to join today (headbang) I picked up a 08 White GT AWD with RSES and GT ASST on Saturday. So far the only complians I have are:

1. Driver's mirror rattles (read this issue somewhere and tried to search here but no luck) Is there a TSB or what I can do to stop that?
2. Dirty black dots wheels (NOT SURPRISE)! The front left is the worst. I will take to the service guy when I bring in for the under carriage rust/corrision treatment this Friday. Hope they care replace those wheels...
3. Car pulls to the left (Again NOT SURPRISE).

Other than that, I love the car. RSES is awesome. It can compete with my home theater in basement :eek:! Ride is very smooth and quite fast conisdering its size.

What kind of mileage are you guys getting? The family is complaing after a 600miles trips yesterday. They had to stop a few times for gas (eyeballs)

Pics to come....

Thanks,

Jon

Last edited:
Welcome (hi)

After reading your intro...I'm looking foward to seeing some pics even more (pics)...What exactly do you get with the RSES system and how much is that option?

Here's my share

After intensive clay bar-ing,waxing, and sealing, here's the result. (drive2)

The surface was quite rough to touch when the car was delivered. I bet it has been sitting in the lot for a while. I also realized there are some dark shade in the front of rear passenger doors. I think it's those large tapes that wrapped around the car when shipped. Any clue how to get those off?? I hope it is not the defect from the paint...

What you get from the RSES is a overhead DVD player with 5.1 digital sound 296 watts speakers from Bose. It cost about $2500 and also comes with a remote and 2 headphones.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    283.5 KB · Views: 227
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    173.6 KB · Views: 260
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 281
Just bought my CX9 Touring, Galaxy Grey, Black Interior, Tow Package, MoonRoof and Roof Rails. Purchased throught the S-Plan. The only complaints I have:
1. No Bars for the Roof Rails. I can't believe you have to purchase them separately
2. Rear Door swings up to low. 6'2" you hit your head
3. No up and down passenger seat adjustment. With a MoonRoof your head is right at the roof liner.

Great driving and handling car.

Question. - Why is there a hole in the passenger floor with a plastic cover that says "Frame Number"

Thats the Frame number for ID. Only way to see it.

I think your dealer ripped you off. We ordered the roof rack when we bought our car for 199 addeed to the financing and that included the rails AND crossbars.

Back