New CX-5 Navigation Unit

I really don't like the TomTom unit. I like to use it as a map to see what street is coming up next and what is around me, especially at night. Helps when you are looking for a street. FOr some reason when it labels streets nearby, what is chooses to label is so random! I want it to at least label the cross streets to where I am at currently. For some reason it labels a street 3 blocks away and 2 blocks over that I have no plans to turn on. Really annoying!

But the car is RHD, I thought the Chinese drove on the left?
Same as the English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-_and_left-hand_traffic#China

Hmm you're right it is RHD which doesn't match the Chinese LHD configuration. I found this for the Chinese model:
23303836610222_2557533_11.jpg

Looks similar but is lacking the knobs in the upper left and right corners.

I'll ask some of my Chinese friends to see if they can tell what country the video originates from.

Edit: After translating the description below the video I believe the car is from Taiwan.

Thanks.
It does beg the question why did Mazda think that a cheap Tom Tom nav would do for other countries, I believe the Japanese have a different system as well.

Will find out tonight during the announcement, but the new Mazda 3 should be getting a new software upgradable head unit. Not sure what nav maps it will use. If the 3 gets a new unit then most likely, the 2015 CX-5 will get it as well. Given how much I dislike the audio and navigation controls, I think I will consider an upgrade in 2015. The CX-5 should still get a dedicated sub, LED foot well lights, and a few other things. Throw in the diesel, and I might not feel bad trading in a car so quickly.

Wonder if they do release a new unit, and the dashboard remains the same, might it be possible to get the unit OEM and add it in to a 2014. Can that be done with the 14 unit to a 13 CX-5. Actually my assumption is that they are the same between 13 and 14, just the firmware load is a bit different.

Back