New Bose Stereo Problems

I just picked up my 08.5 mz3 last Friday. It has the same stereo problem. Talked to the service manager this morning. He told me the service bulletin has been recalled and Mazda NA is researching this issue and a new fix will come up shortly. Can anyone confirm this?

You could ask the folks at Finishline Performance. They post service bulletins for all Mazdas so they could tell you if you want a second opinion.

Finishline Performance is Rosenthal Mazda in Arlington. That's where I went to for the TSB this past Saturday, and all they are doing is following the existing TSB.

Is it me, or does the new replacement unit does not have anti-skip when playing standard audio CDs?

The player is super sensitive to even moderate bumps. Anyone else notice this?

Okay so a new update:

Word is, of the two RO #'s we had, one finally went through. My parts manager spoke with Panasonic (apparently they were also dealing with this issue, not just United Radio???). I should have the radio by Wednesday. But to make sure I don't get dicked with the wrong radio, does anyone have any info on a part number or something on the new radio?

Is it me, or does the new replacement unit does not have anti-skip when playing standard audio CDs?

The player is super sensitive to even moderate bumps. Anyone else notice this?

YES... it's kinda frustrating, even since the replacement, I still once and awhile hear the radio turn the bass/treble off here and there on its own... but it's back on a few moments later. I can't seem to win with this radio. I like the look, but I don't want to get another aftermarket stereo... any good fixes to make the sound, well better? It still sounds pretty bad

(five-0)

It took 25 days to get the Bose head unit replaced.

Attachments

• !1_multipart.jpg
    !1_multipart.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Dealership just called me to say that the replacement HU is in. Only been 1 1/2 weeks since I went in for the TSB. Going in probably this Saturday, hopefully it doesn't make things worse. Got the GT Bose, BTW.

Hey guys,

I've been following this thread since the beginning but just recently registered. I've got a stock Mazda3 2008.5 with the 4 speaker non-Bose audio set.

Finally got my dealership to replace the HU today and... woo hoo!!! Same problems as before!!. Same 34 to 35 bump in volume. And anything above that is all kinds of inconsistent. Bass is always cutting out, leaving a horrible tinny sound. I called the service department as soon as I left, and the guy seemed genuinely chocked. He said he'd have to cancel all the other HU's he ordered from headquarters for people with the same problem. To be fair, my service department's been OK. I really think they don't know what to do.

Has anyone in Vancouver, BC gotten this problem sorted? Maybe I could try a different dealership or put my guy in touch with someone that knows how to handle this.

Thanks in advance,

Thank goodness!!! I got my radio in today. Man what a great sound difference it makes!! I'm so glad it finally got taken care of for christ sakes.

finally......after waiting for 9 weeks today i finally got the new head unit installed.....i now no longer have the 34-35 problem and the stereo sounds better ..... it was a frustrating wait, however

you guys are shitting me, you actually turn your stereo up to 34-35??? ****** s*** I turn mine up to 15-16 tops! that's perfectly loud enough for some good rock music

I took mine in last Friday. Called 'em today -- the units are backordered at the moment. Yep, UHATEIT, even as a "geezer" of 56, I like to turn it up. Depends of course on the level at which the disk was burned. 'Course, just listening to that sexy growl from the engine room is music as well.

I took mine in last Friday. Called 'em today -- the units are backordered at the moment. Yep, UHATEIT, even as a "geezer" of 56, I like to turn it up. Depends of course on the level at which the disk was burned. 'Course, just listening to that sexy growl from the engine room is music as well.

haha yes, I like the window down and listen to the engine. But I have only listened to 1 disc thus far. Mainly I plug in my upod with adapter to the aux jack. turning that up to 16 is loud enough, with the bass turned up a bit and the treble all the way up. You can start to hear the distortion due to the excessive bass after a while, I couldnt imagine ever getting it anywhere near 30! It must be the ipod then that gives a different sound at a lower volume level

34 is pretty damn loud with the new HU. Before, you'd turn it up to 29, then anything past 30 was actually muffled and no louder than 29.

I'm extremely pleased with the radio so far.

haha yes, I like the window down and listen to the engine. But I have only listened to 1 disc thus far. Mainly I plug in my upod with adapter to the aux jack. turning that up to 16 is loud enough, with the bass turned up a bit and the treble all the way up. You can start to hear the distortion due to the excessive bass after a while, I couldnt imagine ever getting it anywhere near 30! It must be the ipod then that gives a different sound at a lower volume level

You must not have an 08.5. You don't have the ability to play an mp3 cd do you? The 08.5 MS3's have a different stereo and the volume range is different. 16 may be loud on yours but is not very loud on ours.

16 is a whisper. With the roof back and running 60/65 you can just here the radio at 34. You can go higher but I can't handle my ears bleeding from the lack of bottom. Then agan maybe I'm just going deaf...

Our unit is being replaced in July, I hope.

You must not have an 08.5. You don't have the ability to play an mp3 cd do you? The 08.5 MS3's have a different stereo and the volume range is different. 16 may be loud on yours but is not very loud on ours.

ahhh thats why, I have an 08. I never use cds I always use my ipod in the aux hjack, so yeah 16 is loud as heck. Maybe it's different like you said with the new deck and also listening to a cd instead

Back