New 20" tires

pchrist

Looking for suggestions on tires. Looking for new rubber possibly this year. Starting the research now.

Different sizes? 275/45R20 265/45R20 or 245/50R20

Brands? Looking for something that gets good tread life. I drive about 60 miles roundtrip everday. I have the AWD GT.

Thanks in advance

I am on my second set of Nitto NT850's and love them, but I see you are in northwest IL which sees a little bit more snow & cold than I, so I wouldn't reccomend 850's for your geographical area. Which means don't get the Yokohama's either.

Is anyone running 275/45/20 on the OEM wheels?

275/45 recommended wheel width range is 8.5-10". The OEM wheels are 7.5 if I remember correctly.

With that being said, I am wondering what a 275 would look like on them.

275 would be too wide IMO...that would need a 9-10" wheel. I wouldn't go over a 255. This will vary some, of course - there is often quite a bit of variability in manufacturer's same-width tires.

Toyo open country h/t is like 800 at local tire shop and they are recommending that one? Wife has Hankook's on her Q7 they seem decent so far.

I have the toyo open country HT and they have been fantastic and will go 50k by the looks of it. I have had them on for 30k

I'm planning to replace the OEM Bridgestones (which I hate) with Yokohama YK580s within the next 5-6k miles.

According to America's Tire website the 275/45 will work fine on stock wheels. They are same diameter, about 1 inch wider which will be fine on the stock wheel...
I'm thinking of going to this size with the Yoko Parada Spec X.

Back