Never thought I'd be so excited for a minivan.

:
mazda5
Our new(ish) mazda5 gets delivered tomorrow and I'm pretty stoked about it. My wife was completely anti-van but after convincing her that it was the best option for our growing family she gave the ok. She still wants to drive a some what cool car so she gave me the ok to mod it lightly. We're getting a 2012 touring and all i found for front lips is a kenstlye rep from baysonR. I really want the M'z custom front lip, and found one from the chinese ebay ordered it and they told me it was out of stock and it was too big to ship anyways...Anyone know where I can get something like it or if the earlier gen lips fit the new ones?

Last edited:
Welcome to the Mazda 5 owners club, slobaru. We are a selective group and only let the best ones in :D One of the downsides of being a 5 owner is the lack of aftermarket support for the vehicle though. Keep a keen eye on the accessories forum and the how to forum and I think you'll come across some very cool upgrades for the 5. Seeing some of the cool things other people were doing is what led me to begin modifying and become a member here.

Last edited:
My first and favorite mod was a set of fatter, stickier tires to enhance the already good handling. It's fun to chase down "performance" cars on the expressway ramps around here. :D Some lightweight wider 18" wheels could be fun for that same purpose, if the condition of your roads allow. (Our roads are generally horrible, so the stock 17"ers are low profile enough for us.) There are other suspension bits from the 'speed3 that can make it a wolf in sheep's clothing for the switchbacks.

Welcome to the club! Quite a bit of stuff from the Mazda 3 aftermarket camp bolts right on to the 5, so keep your eyes peeled.

Do you think a mazda3 lip would fit with a little work? the kenstyle lip is too bulky for my taste just need something to compliment the sideskirts. As for performance, i'll probably just keep it stock, don't want to compromise ride quality. plus i have an 06 STi that is already a money pit, dont need another one, ha.

Do you think a mazda3 lip would fit with a little work? the kenstyle lip is too bulky for my taste just need something to compliment the sideskirts. As for performance, i'll probably just keep it stock, don't want to compromise ride quality. plus i have an 06 STi that is already a money pit, dont need another one, ha.

There isn't much you can do to the Mazda5 when compared to the WRX market. Pull some stuff off a MS3, coilovers, a LOT of sound deadening, other small mods. Its not possible to completely rebuild the car from the ground up so even with a few mods you won't drain your bank acct.

Your best bet is BaysonR. You might want to try the civic lip if it fits its cheaper than the BaysonR. I didnt put anything on my mazda5 and Im glad since this car is used all year round. Have used in a couple of snowstorms here in TO its not really a problem until you get on the on ramp after they plow the road.

The limited Premacy stuff that does exist are all overseas in China/Taiwan/Japan. They have exhaust and body kits but shipping sucks unless you have a connection.

I think BaysonR is the only option in the states. If you are only looking just for a lip, why not consider a universal front chin diffuser (corner splitters or whole)?

DAMD makes a nice 2nd gen kit. They have a location in the UK but nada for US :(
http://www.damd.co.jp/products/mazda/premacy03_se.html

Last edited:
Yea I contacted BaysonR already and they have no plans to sell this lip. If I can find some free time, I'll probably take measurements and start looking for close fit lips. Maybe even take the lip off my STi and see if it fits

Back