NEMOC Random BS Thread

What's a vid??

Install went well considering the car has been thru 3 winters and has 140k on her. No issues during the install. Was not as loud as I thought it would be, was hoping for a little louder but it's fine. Had my local mechanic install it with my help, or hinderance.

Got a small rattle somewhere but only under full throttle in the 1st 3 gears. Will pole around and see if I can locate it. Overall very happy with the result and price. Will get a tune done sometime this winter depending on who has a sale.

5 speed has shipped! [emoji469]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one time I drove a MSM I did not care for the 6spd. Awesome youre making the conversion! Also, if you want to send some patriots gear my way that you have sitting around Ill gladly take it to annoy the seahawks folks out here :p

HUMP DAY!
Well not for me, Im taking thursday/friday off to do a roadtrip down to portland and eugene, then drive the scenic roads up along the Oregon coast. Just 2k more miles until I get that 200k and this trip will cover 800 of it :)

It's scheduled to be delivered today, but I just got a notice it will be late because of all the bad weather on the east coast. I'm also swapping out the new angled shifter I got from bill at Miata roadster to the 5 speed one. So as soon as it gets her I'll be starting the project., but not before the 17th!

Sounds like a fun swap Mark. That new lift will come in handy.

Any video clips of that new header Bruce?

Hi Kyle! Enjoy that drive.

I'm taking a 1/2 day tomorrow and Monday off. Leaving work to pick Kaila up from school as she's coming home for the weekend. She made the dance team and has been practicing three nights a week and performs next Wednesday at their Midnight Madness. Can't wait!

We got our son one step closer to his gaming career. Took the dresser out of his room and replaced it with a computer desk. Now he has ample space for all of his gear and is asking Santa for a PS4 and two 24" monitors. lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Gaming Table.jpeg
    Gaming Table.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 164
  • Gaming Table1.jpeg
    Gaming Table1.jpeg
    307.5 KB · Views: 156
Been talking with Luis too much. He's been throwing ideas at me about throwing a Microtech in my car, maybe going EFI, etc, etc. I may street port if his schedule frees up. He's got a backload of projects right now. I also want to upgrade to either a first gen 5spd, or possibly an RX8 6spd. I don't want to have to cut the tunnel so we're going to see what will fit at some point.

Anyone planning on going to the Japanese Day at Larz Anderson Museum a week from Sunday? If the weather is good, I'll take the truck.
http://larzanderson.org/events/lawn-events/2015lawnschedule/japanese15/

In other news, I saw that Mazda is dumping the diesel for gas this season. Good riddance. All that work and we still don't have a diesel offering. I guess that's what Mazda gets for playing by the rules...unlike zee Germanz.

Well.. Mazda also didn't put 1/10th the money Audi did into the project.

That and Audi had more diesel mills to work with, including some that were designed for higher power applications than Mazda's. You can only push an efficiency block so far.

Driving today picked up a code P0401 which seems to be EGR related. Cleared the code and will see if it returns.

Been talking with Luis too much. He's been throwing ideas at me about throwing a Microtech in my car, maybe going EFI, etc, etc. I may street port if his schedule frees up. He's got a backload of projects right now. I also want to upgrade to either a first gen 5spd, or possibly an RX8 6spd. I don't want to have to cut the tunnel so we're going to see what will fit at some point.

Anyone planning on going to the Japanese Day at Larz Anderson Museum a week from Sunday? If the weather is good, I'll take the truck.
http://larzanderson.org/events/lawn-events/2015lawnschedule/japanese15/

In other news, I saw that Mazda is dumping the diesel for gas this season. Good riddance. All that work and we still don't have a diesel offering. I guess that's what Mazda gets for playing by the rules...unlike zee Germanz.

I may go chris, I've got an autox sat and Tobin is flying in sat afternoon I'm a maybe right now, is Amanda coming?

Sounds like a fun swap Mark. That new lift will come in handy.

Any video clips of that new header Bruce?

Hi Kyle! Enjoy that drive.

I'm taking a 1/2 day tomorrow and Monday off. Leaving work to pick Kaila up from school as she's coming home for the weekend. She made the dance team and has been practicing three nights a week and performs next Wednesday at their Midnight Madness. Can't wait!

We got our son one step closer to his gaming career. Took the dresser out of his room and replaced it with a computer desk. Now he has ample space for all of his gear and is asking Santa for a PS4 and two 24" monitors. lol

holy crap that set up!! I just have an raspberry pi right now to play NES on. I keep it simple :p

I may go chris, I've got an autox sat and Tobin is flying in sat afternoon I'm a maybe right now, is Amanda coming?
I don't think she's going to come. She has something going on mid-day that we wouldn't be back in time for. Forecast looks promising right now. Going to be cold, but clear skies.

holy crap that set up!! I just have an raspberry pi right now to play NES on. I keep it simple :p

Same here. I also run XBMC on mine too.

I just finished the longest work week ever... 93 hours. Mmmmm going to love that next paycheck.

In other news, still house hunting but I should be putting in my offer this week. If it falls through, I'm renting for 6 months.

There is an important Salisbury Planning & Zoning public meeting regarding Lime Rock Park on Monday, October 19, 6:30 p.m., Town Hall, 27 Main Street, Salisbury, CT, 06068.

The Salisbury P&Z Commission’s goal is to take control of regulating Lime Rock Park.

Regulation is already properly maintained by Litchfield Superior Court, as set forth in the still-in-place 1959 Injunction.

For local government to take control of Lime Rock Park can only be bad for Lime Rock.

(To read the full position paper we have sent to Salisbury P&Z, per its request, click here.)

With this email, we are asking you to write a letter as soon as possible (email and post office mailing addresses below) supporting Lime Rock’s position that Salisbury P&Z control of Lime Rock operations is a mistake.

With the state of motorsports, the automotive industry and automotive recreation wholly and dramatically different compared to more than a half-century ago, Lime Rock has recently filed papers with the Court asking for modifications to the existing Injunction to reflect those changes.

The people in opposition to Lime Rock have issued statements, letters, faxes and advertisements that grossly mislead, misrepresent, obfuscate and exaggerate what the requested changes entail, going so far as to claim it will mean the ruination of Trinity Episcopal Church across the street and cause “irreparable harm” to Music Mountain – they’ve even accused our spectators of regularly trafficking in drugs. (To quote one of the scare tactics used in an opposition’s solicitation for support and also sent to P&Z: “... will likely prompt increased ‘trafficking’ of alcohol and drugs between the community and race crews, spectators and campers.” Irrespective of anything else, this is abhorrently insulting to our fans and competitors.)

We hope we needn’t remind you of Skip Barber’s personal virtues, having been a good citizen, good neighbor, and a major contributor to the town for more than 35 years; these malicious misstatements are both hurtful and unfair...

We don’t need long, eloquent letters from you; speed is of the essence.

Rather, we need your concise, sincere support that Skip Barber and Lime Rock Park are not out to “ruin” the community.

If you have the time to attend the meeting itself, that would be very helpful, too. (Time and location as above.)

If you send Salisbury P&Z an email, use the subject line: “Regarding Lime Rock Park.”

-----

To send a letter to Michael Klemens, P&Z Chairman, via U.S. Post Office or Overnight:

Town Hall, Attention Michael Klemens, 27 Main Street, P.O. Box 548, Salisbury, CT 06068-0548
CC: Nancy Brusie, P&Z Administrator

-----

To email Michael Klemens, P&Z Chairman:
Care of Nancy Brusie: nbrusie@salisburyct.us

Thank you,
The Staff at Lime Rock Park

I don't think she's going to come. She has something going on mid-day that we wouldn't be back in time for. Forecast looks promising right now. Going to be cold, but clear skies.

I'm still not sure, I'll mention it to Bruce he'll be around this weekend

Back