NEMOC Random BS Thread

Gotta go get my waders...s**** getting deep in here. :p I don't even want to figure out my number. lol

Ok Bruce, I thought you had met up with Mike for the tune. Speaking of power mods, I just saw GWR's new midpipe for the NC over on m.net. A bit pricey at $499...have to wonder just how well it reduces drone?

Any big plans for this weekend? Off tomorrow and going to mow and mow my father-in-laws yard, run a few errands and maybe try to wash one of the cars if I have time. Saturday we are off to ESU to spend the day with Kaila. Going to walk around town and hit a local restaurant for dinner.

Just saw your post Bruce....to save time and elbow grease just plasti-dip the lower panels. :p Be sure to post up pics of the wheels too, once you are finished.

hey, one of the pistons on my quick lift isn't so quick to go down...got a new one for zip and i'll be installing that sat. oil and filter change as well. my rear suspension is really annoying me...so squeaky! gotta order some mazdaspeed bushings and install them this off season (some how?). the weather has been great recently. lots of TD driving here in NE...autox on the 26th.

Ok Bruce, I thought you had met up with Mike for the tune. Speaking of power mods, I just saw GWR's new midpipe for the NC over on m.net. A bit pricey at $499...have to wonder just how well it reduces drone?
Just saw your post Bruce....to save time and elbow grease just plasti-dip the lower panels. :p Be sure to post up pics of the wheels too, once you are finished.

Agreed pricey at 500 bucks but so was the header I wanted, 750 bucks, but I looked for awhile and found one used for 350 Can. Was going to get Mike to install and do the tune but that would have been 750 US or 1000 Can so my local garage can at least do the install for 200 Can and I will do the tune later when Mike has a deal.

hey, one of the pistons on my quick lift isn't so quick to go down...got a new one for zip and i'll be installing that sat. oil and filter change as well. my rear suspension is really annoying me...so squeaky! gotta order some mazdaspeed bushings and install them this off season (some how?). the weather has been great recently. lots of TD driving here in NE...autox on the 26th.

Do the bushings need to be done in a press? You may have to dismantle the a arms and take them to a place that can remove and press in the new bushings. Do you know which are bad?

No I don't it so hard to tell which control arm it is, I think I should replace them all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure that is what the issue is first. Get the suspension checked out 1st. Is it just squeaking or another issue ?

on another vein, still haven't done the wheels yet, weather is not cooperating, rain today, busy tomorrow, hoping Monday.

Hey guys!

I'm back in the US for good now. Just cleaned out the MX-6 and having the JY tow her away tomorrow. Still have my Saab down at my parents but trying to sell that off. Finally is the Vette, going to be selling that as well, just no time.

I've been looking for a newer car with lower mileage and found a 4cyl 06 mazda6 hatch (unfortunately auto, but I'm less interested in manual these days). Any thoughts you guys have on those cars in terms of reliability, etc would be great. Price-wise it's right at KBB so I'd talk them down a bit.

Hi Ash! I've heard nothing but good things about that car, the 4 cyl might be a bit underpowered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His header is pricey Bruce but well worth it from what I've read. I've thought about one down the line but not sure I want the hassle of installing it with the auto. Hope that weather cooperates with you this week.

Hey Ash, welcome back! Big changes on your return, cleaning out the stable. I've heard good things about the 6 too and love the hatch. Test drove one a few years ago and so much room with the backseats folded down. As usual for Mazdas, check out those rear quarters for rust. Like Mahk said the 4 banger is a bit underpowered for the car. Maybe an MS6 transplant? ;)

Thanks guys, the place also has a 6 hatch V6 manual, but I haven't heard great things about the V6 motor.

They also have an 07 wolfsburg jetta manual I'm thinking about.

Nice Brucey! Hey when you heading down to bean town? Dates? We're waiting on our 5th grand child and I'm trying to see if we might be around. LMK
We can maybe have a fall clean meet? You, me, jeffy and maybe josh will bring the rotary up from the cape????

I can meet up with the Saab. The 7 will not be ready until next Spring. One of the rooms in my house is starting to looking like a parts store. LOL! 25 year old car needs some good lovin'.

Welcome back Ash! Must have had quite the life experience abroad. Honestly, I'd stay away from the 2004-2006 Mazda 6 or 3, unless they were taken care of. Most of them I've seen come through our place have been nightmares. In fact, we had a Mazda 3 sedan that looked ok from above, but from under the car it was all falling apart, especially the rust. It was as if someone drove it through the ocean all the time. Plus in general I see all kinds of electrical issues and such, but really you never know with any car. I'm sure with your experience you can judge good from bad. :)

Thanks guys. It's weird driving on the other side of the road again.

Yeah I saw some issues with engine failure on the V6. The 4cyl seems to be fine.

I'm looking for something under 10k and under 70k miles. I've found a few more Saab 9-3 or 9-5 but a lot newer than my current one.

Aside from the fact that it is a Ford motor?

I've been working an atomic crap ton (Navy unit of measurement!) of overtime lately and finally had a weekend off.. What did I do? I went house shopping!

Here is the current front runner: http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/211-Dupont-Dr_West-Monroe_LA_71291_M72392-45705
looks like a great house! that said, if its me i'd rent...
I can meet up with the Saab. The 7 will not be ready until next Spring. One of the rooms in my house is starting to looking like a parts store. LOL! 25 year old car needs some good lovin'.

saabs welcome!

Back