NEMOC Random BS Thread

Here's the only photo from the Glen that I've actually uploaded.

14343449450_53e1c3a326_b.jpg

What's up folks? I'm flying up tomorrow, going to be in town next weekend. Who wants to wreck some sh...er... I mean, get together? :p

Bruce!!! Hows it going?!?

No complaints Tony, everyone is fine.

So busy weekend, taught at our Miata Driving school on Saturday. My first time instructing and it was fun. Had a blast with some of our new members. I found it more interesting to teach the women than the men, they seemed to overcome their fear and start laughing.

Mom finally made the decision to put Dad in a home. It's been brewing for awhile and I'm glad she finally called it. He's becoming too much for her and she needs a break. Will know in a week for 2 when the move is.

Morning NEMOC friends. Hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th.

Bruce, I hope you had a good 1st.

We just got back from two weeks on the road. I'll upload some photos soon. CX-9 said 13.0 mpg for the entire trip. I have all the data to calculate it at the pump but I left the piece of paper in the car. I'm guessing its maybe 13.8-14.0 based on the margin for error I've calculated in the past. Last leg of the trip was 9 hours from Baltimore to NH. I took the long way around because I didn't want to deal with Jersey Tpk traffic on a holiday weekend. Drove through Harrisburg and Allentown and took the Tappen Zee bridge. The trailer was weighed perfect and I was able to cruise at 70 mph most of the way. The weather was perfect the entire trip. We couldn't have asked for a better two weeks. We even had a sunny 4th because the storm came through overnight on the 3rd.

Whoa...hey Tony!

Hope everyones Holiday went well. Tore apart an Impala dash on Friday morning to install a new head unit....turns out the amp is fried. Worked that night as well as last night but went to a nice barbq on Saturday. Weather was beautiful!

So busy weekend, taught at our Miata Driving school on Saturday. My first time instructing and it was fun. Had a blast with some of our new members. I found it more interesting to teach the women than the men, they seemed to overcome their fear and start laughing.

Mom finally made the decision to put Dad in a home. It's been brewing for awhile and I'm glad she finally called it. He's becoming too much for her and she needs a break. Will know in a week for 2 when the move is.

Nice Bruce. Sounds like something that you will be doing more of in the future.

Tough call for your mom to make but the best choice for herself and your dad. It's so hard to watch a loved one suffer from this disease.

We just got back from two weeks on the road. I'll upload some photos soon. CX-9 said 13.0 mpg for the entire trip. I have all the data to calculate it at the pump but I left the piece of paper in the car. I'm guessing its maybe 13.8-14.0 based on the margin for error I've calculated in the past. Last leg of the trip was 9 hours from Baltimore to NH. I took the long way around because I didn't want to deal with Jersey Tpk traffic on a holiday weekend. Drove through Harrisburg and Allentown and took the Tappen Zee bridge. The trailer was weighed perfect and I was able to cruise at 70 mph most of the way. The weather was perfect the entire trip. We couldn't have asked for a better two weeks. We even had a sunny 4th because the storm came through overnight on the 3rd.

I was going to ask how your mileage compared to the Repu. Don't blame you for bypassing the NJ turnpike. I hate driving it on non-Holiday weekends. You drove through my neck of the woods, last exit in PA on 78 before crossing into NJ.

Limited edition my ass.

But seriously. Wow.

x2! Like brand new without the depreciation.

all moved in the new place, love it! got a garage again....i'm in heaven! ;)

What's up folks? I'm flying up tomorrow, going to be in town next weekend. Who wants to wreck some sh...er... I mean, get together? :p
i'm up for a get together, where you staying andrew?
Whats up NEMOCers?!?!? Hows everyone been?
YO TONY!

wish you guys the best, tough call, been there....

Yes I did Jeff, I did nothing at all.

Hah, my youngest daughter lives there.

I think you meant Steve there Bruce. ;)

YO TONY!

Woohoo! Great to hear, now you can sit back, crack open a cold one and relax. :)

Milford. Some of the work folk are thinking about getting together to do some Karting on Sunday, I'll let you and anyone else who wants to come up know what the details of that are when they get hammered out :)

Woohoo! Great to hear, now you can sit back, crack open a cold one and relax. :)
well i still have a few things to do, but that won't stop me from cracking one!! ;)
Milford. Some of the work folk are thinking about getting together to do some Karting on Sunday, I'll let you and anyone else who wants to come up know what the details of that are when they get hammered out :)
ok, let us know!

As of right now my Sunday is open. Looks like rain is in the forecast so F1 indoors (not outdoors) would be the safest bet.

I am jealous. Such a beautiful place to live and a lot to do.

Yeah but the weather sucks 10 months of the year. People are great though.

Congrats Mark, only thing I miss is a garage.
Thanks for the thoughts. Will be a rough day for Mom when it happens.

Doh thanks Stephen.

Back