NEMOC Random BS Thread

hello everyone and happy friday!!!

first exam yesterday went really well, the second not as good, the 3rd i tanked (luckily the third was just a quiz). it was just too much to be ready for for one day

cold has gotten a bit worse but luckily the exams were over before that. losing my voice!! and I've gotta go see trans siberian orchestra tomorrow!! need to rest up!

HI All!

It's been a while.

I heard about LRP for 2012, I see you all have already as well. Truely sucks!

Morning all. Working on the rockers for my Focus. Got some paint bubbling. Ground off the rocker coating and putting on Bedliner pating. Got one side done. 2nd side today.

Luke, how's life?? Sad about LRP. Mark, what do you have in mind??

Hellooooooo NEPOC.

Sad to hear about LRP....guess I should have got my ass up there this year. :( If all goes well over the next month or two, I'd really like to make it down to Daytona in January.

I second Chris's motion to have a campout in Mahk's frontyard over Memorial Day weekend. :)

Bruce, yellow would look good but then the calipers would blend in too much....just my .02. Have fun with those rockers and sounds like you caught it early.

This weekend was tiring, finished with Pedders Poly LCA bushing, glad nappa came handy to press new ones in, fixed ball joint that got f*d , installed BC Racing in the rear, took whole day , ... funny thing the car got lowered about 1in more than stock, time to lift it up.

How's everyone doing ?

Hellooooooo NEPOC.
Bruce, yellow would look good but then the calipers would blend in too much....just my .02. Have fun with those rockers and sounds like you caught it early.

Jeff, this is for my focus. Mia is resting for the winter.

Got the rockers sanded and covered with Duplicolor bed paint. Doesn't look too great but at least it gets the rockers better coverage.

Last edited:
Morning all. Dreary morning here.

Pats game was interesting. Looked like 2 different teams between the 1st and 2nd half.

Something else? Like campout in Mark's front yard? :)

Mark said:
I second Chris's motion to have a campout in Mahk's frontyard over Memorial Day weekend. :)
not sure it would be that much fun camping in my yard....anyway i was thinking we need to carry on the get together, scale it back of course:
-keep it cheap
-keep it local to the lrp area
-maybe do a 2 day deal
-day 1, meet, cook out at kent falls state park http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?A=2716&Q=325228, ($15 nr parking fee?)get a hotel close by http://www.cottonwoodmotel.com/ ths place can accomidate up to 12+
-day 2, breakfast meet then a cruise through ct/ny/ma area, lunch, then head home?
thoughts ideas?

Morning all. Dreary morning here.

Pats game was interesting. Looked like 2 different teams between the 1st and 2nd half.

it was two teams, first half was the team we watched the last 2 games and the second half was the patriots we've come to know and love that just make you pay for every mistake, however small, and beat you with crisp passing, good blocking, smart time management etc. they looked awesome on that 6 min drive!

Last edited:
not sure it would be that much fun camping in my yard....anyway i was thinking we need to carry on the get together, scale it back of course:
-keep it cheap
-keep it local to the lrp area
-maybe do a 2 day deal
-day 1, meet, cook out at kent falls state park http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?A=2716&Q=325228, ($15 nr parking fee?)get a hotel close by
-day 2, breakfast meet then a cruise through ct/ny/ma area, lunch, then head home?
thoughts ideas?

Works for me. You are welcome at the condo again.

[h=2]Lime Rock Park To Host 2012 GRAND-AM Season Finales[/h]Nov. 14, 2011

<STYLE>#footer-logos { VISIBILITY: hidden}#grand_am_banner2 { VISIBILITY: hidden}</STYLE>GRAND-AM Road Racing will wrap up its 2012 season at historic Lime Rock Park, with a trio of races on Sept. 28-29.

The GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series will conclude its 13-race season with a two-hour, 45-minute race on Saturday, Sept. 29. SunTrust Racing's Ricky Taylor and Max Angelelli won the past two years in the Daytona Prototype class, while Robin Liddell won the pole and joined Jan Magnussen in scoring a dominant victory in the GT class.
"Lime Rock adds yet another layer of tradition to our 2012 schedules," said GRAND-AM President Tom Bledsoe. "This will be the finishing touch to a full season of racing at history-rich venues."

Going to a split format for the only time in 2012, the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge will end its 10-race season with a pair of two-hour, 30-minute events.

This will mark the eighth time GRAND-AM has competed at the seven-turn, 1.5-mile circuit located in Lakeville, Conn., since its inaugural 2000 season.

yahoo!

My response:

5353.awww+yeah.jpg

Edit: I forgot one....

its-on-like-donkey-kong.jpg

Last edited:
Woot! Weather might be a little cool...but that has never stopped NEPOC from having a good time.

On a side note, I'm thinking next summer of hosting some sort of get-together at my place in NH. I thought I heard the sounds of race cars last summer and it turns out I was right. There is a race track not 10 miles from my house. It has a very cheap and local flare to it, but I bet it would be a great outing for NEPOCers. They have fun street stock events to encourage competition. Sadly, Mazdas aren't allowed in most classes because they are too quick.

This is what they call the Flagpole event. All drivers have to make a loop around the tire each lap... Not quite demolition derby, but not far off either.

And here is their Roadrunner class. Essentially stock 8v and some 16v 4 cylinder cars.

[h=2]Lime Rock Park To Host 2012 GRAND-AM Season Finales[/h]Nov. 14, 2011

<STYLE>#footer-logos { VISIBILITY: hidden}#grand_am_banner2 { VISIBILITY: hidden}</STYLE>GRAND-AM Road Racing will wrap up its 2012 season at historic Lime Rock Park, with a trio of races on Sept. 28-29.

The GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series will conclude its 13-race season with a two-hour, 45-minute race on Saturday, Sept. 29. SunTrust Racing's Ricky Taylor and Max Angelelli won the past two years in the Daytona Prototype class, while Robin Liddell won the pole and joined Jan Magnussen in scoring a dominant victory in the GT class.
"Lime Rock adds yet another layer of tradition to our 2012 schedules," said GRAND-AM President Tom Bledsoe. "This will be the finishing touch to a full season of racing at history-rich venues."

Going to a split format for the only time in 2012, the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge will end its 10-race season with a pair of two-hour, 30-minute events.

This will mark the eighth time GRAND-AM has competed at the seven-turn, 1.5-mile circuit located in Lakeville, Conn., since its inaugural 2000 season.

yahoo!

Holy s***, this is going to be EPIC!

That is all... happy Tuesday everyone.

New Socks and Sneakers (I'll take better pictures once the weather is nicer out).
Truck001.jpg

Truck004.jpg

It was time for new tires and the stock rims were starting to pit so I got a great deal on a new set. I think I have the old rims and tires sold on craigslist already so it pays for more than the new rims!

Back