Need to see a wiring diagram

N of T.O.

:
2003 Protege 5
Anyone have a copy of the U.S. version of the 2003 Protege wiring diagrams?
I have a Canadian P5 and am going to put the spare tire sub in it (it is a U.S. only option).
I have the harness for the sub , and I also have the wiring diagram for the head unit.
My problem is that I don't have the diagram that shows the wiring between the head unit and the sub .There are 8 wires that go into the sub and I don't have the connecting wiring in my Canadian car.
I can make a harness , but I need to know where the wires go to . 4 of the 8 wires are for the rear door speakers - the others need to be identified.
Who can help me with a copy of the diagrams?

^ as much as I appreciate your providing this link , I have already downloaded it and checked it out . It does not supply any info for the subwoofer wiring , as it is a 2002 manual and I need the 2003 .

Last edited:
Pin #: Wire Color - Use

Pin 1: Green / Orange - Rear Right Speaker (-)
Pin 2: Green - Rear Right Speaker (+)
Pin 3: Brown - Rear Left Speaker (-)
Pin 4: Brown / White - Rear Left Speaker (+)
Pin 5: White - Front Right (-)
Pin 6: Red - Front Right (+)
Pin 7: Black / White - Front left (-)
Pin 8: Black / Brown - Front Left (+)
Pin 9: Black - Ground (see note below)
Pin 10: Pink / Black - Switched power, coonect to red wire in aftermarket harness.
Pin 11: White / Blue - Dimmer, not typicaly used for an aftermarket radio
Pin 12: Green / Black - Illumination, thanks twizyours
Pin 13: Blue / Red - Contasnt Power aka Battery aka Memory, connect to yellow wire in aftermarket harness.

Well, there you have it courtesy of Taylor. Now you don't have to do guesswork. BTW, where did you get that info Taylor? Are there alternate manuals online?

There are 8 wires in the sub wiring harness - a pair of greens , a pair of browns , yellow , pink , black , blue .
I suspect the pairs are the rear door speakers - how about the rest ? I don't have any idea where the yellow, pink, black, and blue wires go to. I also need to know how the rear door speaker wires integrate with the sub.

bump for info, cause im putting sub/amp setup in my o3 p5 and were trying to figure out if can use some of the wires that are leading to the spare tire mounted sub already. So if anyone know where those 8 wires go that would be awesome

stumped

so I spend most of the day tearing into the dash of my 2000 mellenia S to put in a aftermarket stereo get it all wired in turn it on everything works but no sound does anyone know how to bypass the factory bose amp in these cars?? thanks for your help

Latest posts

Back