Need some help.. Again

Dat Slotege

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
So I ran into some legal trouble, ended up getting my license suspended for 6 months (underage possession of alcohol, I'm a dumbass I know) but I decided to go ahead and park the Sloteg and give it some attention. I went ahead and took all the plastic OEM piping out because I plan on getting a front mount, and when I took it out it revealed a large hole in what i believe is the transmission housing? My question is what to do from here in repairing this. I'm fully aware that I may be spending some big bucks for this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    716 KB · Views: 114
Looks like a piece of a foreign object was in the bell housing and got tossed around and eventually broke free. Not really a big issue as there's no oil in that part of the trans.

agreed ^^^ i'd just have a piece of sheet metal welded over the hole so no more debris gets in. no huge deal though. if you really want to get it fixed. get a hold of a used trans case and swap everything over.

agreed ^^^ i'd just have a piece of sheet metal welded over the hole so no more debris gets in. no huge deal though. if you really want to get it fixed. get a hold of a used trans case and swap everything over.

Thanks guys, definitely needed some input I was clueless haha. Scared the hell outta me when I saw it

Back