Need New Key Made + Can Anyone Identify This Part

Hi! Long Time Cx-9 Owner here....

...but haven't been on this forum for a couple of years.

Background: Bought 2009 Cx-9 in US and imported it in Europe where it has limited support.

Problem 1: We have two keys. One of them doesn't work properly (even with replacement batteries) in that it's practically impossible to start the car even when inside. No matter, my wife is visiting NY on business next week and I thought it would be prudent to get 2 replacement keys made. What is the best way for this to be done? Does she need any documentation (bare in mind the car is now registered outside the US)? Should she bring one of the original keys? Can anyone recommend a dealership in Manhattan where they can do this, and what time and cost should she expect?

Problem 2: My 8 year son likes to sit in the passenger seat and play with every switch imaginable. I get in the drivers seat one day and the courtesy lights don't work. And guess what there is a little piece of plastic (see photos) lying in the space between the seats. I have tried for the life of me to identify the spare number for this piece of plastic. It obviously has come from the light unit. Please note that the "clip piece" is broken. Can anyone identify the part number and can it be fitted by an amateur like myself.

CX-9.2.jpgCX-9.1.jpg

For prob #1, you can't do it.
The key is made to be recognized by the car. You buy a new key and make the vehicle "know" it.
This is not like duplicating metal key, in which case you bring the good key and have someone duplicate it.
One possibility is (risk of $$$ involved) that you can buy a blank new key in US and attempt to make the 3rd yourself
(by sing-n-dance programming at home). This is assuming that your "bad" key might still be recognized by the CX9 during
programming (which I have no idea yes or no). A new blank key will cost between $100-200 in US. You can buy online
and have it shipped to an address that your wife can go to pick it up (or else)

For prob #2, I don't recall seeing anything in magenta color in CX9.

Latest posts

Back