Need help picking a turbo timer! Anybody who has one please give input

StormTrooper6

:
2006 Mazdaspeed6 Sport
I have 2006 MS6 Sport and I know that we pretty much need turbo timers. I was wanting to get one that, hopefully, was black with red numbers to match the whole interior them but I would like to be able to lock my doors with the remote while it's running. I was thinking about the apexi full auto tt part #405-A021 so that i can put it in the ash tray but the coin holster is always an option too. Let me know what you think. It would really help me out :D

Last edited:
Ive been thinking about purchasing one as well, only thing is the car has to always be in neutral when you park. let me know how this goes if you get one.

To be honest, they're not as necessary as you might think. If you let the car idle for 30-60 secs after a hard drive or drive out of boost at the end of your commute, you're doing something nearly equivalent.

Personally, I'd save your cash.

To be honest, they're not as necessary as you might think. If you let the car idle for 30-60 secs after a hard drive or drive out of boost at the end of your commute, you're doing something nearly equivalent.

Personally, I'd save your cash.

What he said....

save the cash huh? mmmm... now you've got me thinking... lol. I was just looking to hopefully it remembering to let it cool down on the days i forget. Just trying to get that turbo to last a bit longer. but maybe you two are right......

with a oil/water cooled turbo, turbo timers are a thing of the past really. just stay out of boost before you park and you'll be fine

Like he said, go slow while parking, or if you do something like come off the freeway right into a gas station then let it idle for about 30 seconds and you should be fine.

I worry more about warming the car up in the morning...right now I'm letting it idle until the temperature needle moves, and then trying to keep the engine below 2000rpm until the temperature has warmed up most of the way. It seems like a good way to do it, though I'm not really excited to let it idle for a couple minutes on cold mornings...I hate wasting gas.

Unless your house is right at the end of a freeway offramp, or you rev the piss out of it before you shut it down, a turbo timer is a waste of money. Just be aware of what you have and take care of it, and you will be fine. Put your money where it will be of more benefit.

As for warming the engine, excessive idling will do more harm than slowly driving the car. Start it and let it warm for a minute or so, then drive off. Keep an eye on your temperature gauge and once it has moved into the normal zone, you should be okay to drive normally.

yeah these are not needed for sure.. and lets just say one of my friends had a very serious incident with some cops cuz his car wouldnt turn off after being pulled over.. im not sure if theres a killswitch.. but, its a good idea if youre gonna go this route..(monkey2)

yeah these are not needed for sure.. and lets just say one of my friends had a very serious incident with some cops cuz his car wouldnt turn off after being pulled over.. im not sure if theres a killswitch.. but, its a good idea if youre gonna go this route..(monkey2)

oh damn, maybe your right. I'm trying to stay far away from the police as it is, last thing i need is to get in more trouble after they pull me over (wow)

my turbo timer is sitting idle in the parking spot until i remember everything i have to take out of the car with me... usually a good 30 sec - 60 sec. lol, im always leaving stuff in mah car.

Latest posts

Back