Need help identifying this wire...

MenteerD

:
2006 Mazda5 Touring, 2007 Mazda3 S 2.3L
(scratch)Aloha,
I was looking into a strange sound that my 2007 Mazda3 2.3L was making, and noticed that my fan was loose and missing 2 screws. The sound was when my AC fan started spinning and vibrated around. Anyways, as I was looking into that I noticed that there was a green wire dangling from the general area. I took off the bottom protective plastic to try to get a better look but could not figure out what it is or where it goes. I have also recently had the check engine light come on with the code for replacing the thermostat, and my AC isn't as cold as it should be. Are any of these issues related? Does anyone know what this wire is or where it goes?? Thanks in advance! I'm trying to attach pictures but i may not do it right.
Mahalo,
David

Attachments

• photo(3).JPG
    photo(3).JPG
    379.9 KB · Views: 103
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    502.6 KB · Views: 99
  • photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    482.2 KB · Views: 96
a/c doesn't have a "fan", that's the fan that blows air on the radiator when your coolant gets above 212 degrees. The green wire looks like a ground, which should be bolted onto a metal part of the chassis somewhere.

I see, I just assumed it was the a/c fan because it turned on everytime i turned the ac on. anyways, any idea where it was bolted to? thanks!

Also that white thing is an electrical connection that needs to get plugged back in. I circled the area in the photo where the other end should be approximately. You'll probably have to get a new bolt and nut to re ground it though.

293892_4461861476210_862332507_n.jpg

i don't see any metal to ground it to...does the fan equal a grounding location?

IDK man I can't really see behind there from above to see where it attaches to. You'll have to try to figure it out. I don't really have time to jack my car up and look under it, it's an event jacking my car up cause it's so low. It appears it's attached to the metal bit in the center of the fan. Doesn't look like a sensor now that I look at it again, just a ground.

Last edited:
K i was under there yesterday while I was deleting my a/c system. It slides in right under the center of the fan and is bolted down directly under it.

Back