Need Help Brake Problem

ELUSIVEP5

:
Mazda Protege5
Can any one help me i am having a brake problem i recently noticed that i was losing fluid from the D/S rear caliper I replaced the caliper and everything was good so i thought. I parked my car as i went TDY to a school and came back and no fluid again none of my lines are cut or dry rotted master cyl is good. why would they be leaking again. Any help please

You need to pinpoint where the leak is coming from. Park the car on a dry, level, preferably smooth concrete surface overnight - then it should be obvious by looking at the ground in the morning where the car is leaking from.
Oh, and it goes without saying that you really shouldn't be driving a car that's leaking brake fluid.

took it to a brake shop today and they told me the caliper was bad, that the seal on the spring where the e brake cable is hooked to is bad. any one heard of this before i am kinda skeptical about it since this is a brand new caliper i bought in feb.

I had my oem caliper leak in the same spot in the rear passenger. I replaced it from Advance Auto Parts and the adjustment screw was hosed. I replaced it again, and everything was good. It really makes me wonder about the quality work they do remanufacturing.

I then noticed my front calipers piston boots being worn out. I replaced both and found out weeks later my piston boot seals blew out. I then replaced them again, and only one of the piston boot seals blew again.

I would get OEM but I will be darn losing $100 and then spending $300!

Replace the caliper, but make sure to verify everything works.

You need to pinpoint where the leak is coming from. Park the car on a dry, level, preferably smooth concrete surface overnight - then it should be obvious by looking at the ground in the morning where the car is leaking from.
Oh, and it goes without saying that you really shouldn't be driving a car that's leaking brake fluid.

Even better is to park it over a sheet of cardboard so that it catches whatever is leaking. Easier to tell the colour of what is leaking that way too.

took it to a brake shop today and they told me the caliper was bad, that the seal on the spring where the e brake cable is hooked to is bad. any one heard of this before i am kinda skeptical about it since this is a brand new caliper i bought in feb.

I'm having the same problem...did you replace the caliper? Did it fix your leak? Guess I'm going to have to do it this weekend...

Back