Need advice - planning to buy a new CX-5

Just bought a CX5 on Tuesday. Love it! In fact, this is my first post.

In regards to you asking about rear vents, reclining, and sliding seats, this was something that the Hyundai Santa Fe offered as well as the pull up sun shade from the door panel. We initially thought those were great features, but after test driving it we deciding my little boy would drive us nuts playing with the sun shade all the time. I also like to have it cooler on my side when driving, and the rear vent temp is controlled from the drivers setting. I could see him complaining about it being to cold, seat not reclined, seat to far reclined, to much leg room, not enough leg room. You get my point. The less he has to fiddle with the better off we all are! Lol

Last edited:
Noise - Average/Good. Nothing really bad @ 80 MPH. If windy, mirrors do make lots of noise.
Blind spot is bad. I have extra wide angle mirrors on both CX-5s as wife did not like this either.
Blind spot warning only works at 20MPH+ so it is bad as well in 10-20 MPH traffic.

AC vent in front seems to be enough for back occupants. This is not a large cabin.

Original tires are very nice. Can't relate to any complaints I've read about them.

We get lots of winter here, but still didn't see the need for AWD. Wife has always driven a FWD car, never had issues in winter.
So we opted for the FWD............ Saved $2k on initial cost, better fuel mpg, less moving parts to break. Running winter tires on the CX5 and have already experienced some nasty snow/ice, and it handles it great.

In Canada the GT only comes with AWD. When I bought mine it was also the only one you could add the Tech Package to, and I think that is still the case.

Thanks guys for all valuable inputs. I may not have an option to wait for the 2016 model and I am not sure about its date either. If I could wait, I would have waited and downsized to CX-3 :).
About tires, GT's 19" makes even more difficult to find a Top rated performance all seasons, so I think I'll stick with original Toyos.

Good choice of tires if ride comfort and noise levels are top consideration.

I put 30K miles on 2013 GT awd w/Toyo 19's and experienced very good results with low noise levels. A majority of my freeway cruising is done at speeds of 70-80mph here in CA.

I bought FWD GT w/ tech package in crystal blue color :), so joined the CX-5 club officially.

CX-5 scheduled maintenance cost

CX-5 owners: what are the scheduled maintenance cost for a year? I am trying to evaluate pre-paid maintenance v/s pay-per-visit. Please provide any data: last visit, maintenance type (minor/major, time/mileage interval etc), and any extra (apart form scheduled ones) maintenance done.

Thanks.

Back