need a lil fuel help

hey all i am brand new to the turbo section of the boards but ive been active in everything else here.

i need some help from the turbo techs here. i recently put an old spool kit onto my 5. it has the old FMU on it and i know it runs rich cause you can smell it when your behind the car.
i was told (and read) that the BEGI is the better regulator to get. so i have a few questions about it.

one who has it cheap and/or the quickest shipping.

two anything else i need to get besides the BEGI like an optional fuel pressure gauge?

three is it possible to tune the fuel with a BEGI when on a dyno or when you have a wideband O2 sensor and gauge hooked up?

just to let ya know i am not planning on boosting over 7 psi w/o doing some internal work.

you will do great with the BEGI. pm MAMotorsports and tel him i sent ya, or talk to protegegarage, either can get it for ya. you should at least get a cheap mechanical fuel pressure gauge to tune the BEGI, because you dont want to hit above 60psi at idle or risk damaging the unit. without a FPG you wont know what psi you are at at idle.

Ive sold several of my fuel pressure gauge setups. So far everybody including me have been really happy with them. Click on the link in my sig.

Also i can help you tune your begi. just PM me.

Back