MZR2.3 DISI TURBO inside 2.3TURBO MUSTANG?

:
Mazdaspeed6
okay, so i have a mustang 2.3 turbo four popper. and now i have a mazda 2.3 turbo four as well.

does anyone think its possible for me to get this mazdaspeed6 motor, to mate with this rwd stang?

my main question is where the mustangs four cylinder is running front to rear inline with the 4spd trans and rear end..and the mazdas motor runs east to west

???

any responses or reasoning welcome

thank you :)

they are totally different engines honestly. in terms of strength (and here come the fanboys :) ) i'd take an SVO 2.3 over a DISI 2.3 any day of the week.

true i realize that there are no similarities in the motors design at all.

but driving my mustang hard i would pull 12-15mpg per tank..driving my mazda hard i was pulling 23-25 overall mileage per tank.

besides SVO engines are not realiable, i was fixing/tuning it to run couple days a week just to keep it going..atleast my old carburated one. and i liked the mazda motor a lot! powerful, reliable under stock boost, and economical.

just kinda wondering if i would be able to make it happen, without to many comlications. i realize it would be a huge project, but thats kinda what i live for lol

make motor mounts, find a way to bolt it to the trans, transfer wiring over and ECU - done

besides the fact that my mazda was nearing 350hp at the crank and DISI with DOHC VVT...whereas my stang...hmm like 160hp(143 stock) with my little mods SOHC carbed vacuum line POS ...lol

so ppl do find ways to make a motor bolt to any given trans then right? cuz that was my biggest real issue

money can make anything bolt up. My friend has a 4g63 evo motor in a civic coupe fwd. he's about to take it out of the civic and put it in a subaru impreza to make the first wrx with an mitsu evo motor in it.

Your biggest problem with gonna be with a bellhousing sitting behind the motor. If you've got the dough you could probably have one made. Then you have to decide how you want the clutch pedal set up to engage and disengage the clutch. Other than that should be easy LOL

Latest posts

Back