My repairs so far...

kcbates85

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT
I purchased my Mazda in July 2014. I have 10000ish miles at this time. This is what I have had completed since...

- replaced my transmission
- TSB on suspension (left side)
- TSB on dash
- TSB on bluetooth
- Bluetooth module replaced
- reinstall remote start (did it wrong)
- 2 defective TPMS

I have been to the dealership way to many time. My first Mazda experience has been fairly poor in such a small period of time. I am not confident owning this vehicle in the long term.

What have been your experiences?

wow that is quite extensive, the thing that stand out the most is the transmission. Was there a TSB for it? or something else?

So far the only TSB for my 2015 GT was the heater seats for my VIN number and that is it, and the heater seats work perfect in my car

Sorry man! I had rear drums and pads replaced at 20k miles and a SD card replaced for the Tomtom. My breaks and drums were 500.00 and the SD card was warranty. Oh.....and I had to replace the battery, which was prorated under warranty.

I purchased my Mazda in July 2014. I have 10000ish miles at this time. This is what I have had completed since...

- TSB on dash
- TSB on bluetooth
- 2 defective TPMS

I have been to the dealership way to many time. My first Mazda experience has been fairly poor in such a small period of time. I am not confident owning this vehicle in the long term.

- TSB on dash
- TSB on bluetooth
- 2 defective TPMS

WOW WHAT A LIST! Too bad it is false!!!
(notcool)

I am now at 34k kms and so far:
-driver side mirror shake warranty fix
-hood shake warranty fix
-front suspension dust boot warranty replacement

very reliable, no issues that would make me worry about long term ownership

I have 67K miles on mine

slight hood shake
slight driver side mirror shake
slight squeaky drivers seat
tpms light on, but that's something that happened when my car got lowered. I haven't had a chance to check connections though.
occasional engine light on for cylinder 3 misfire. Turns off on it's own after awhile. I haven't tried to replace anything since it runs just fine

wow that is quite extensive, the thing that stand out the most is the transmission. Was there a TSB for it? or something else?

So far the only TSB for my 2015 GT was the heater seats for my VIN number and that is it, and the heater seats work perfect in my car

what did they do to your seats, mine barely gets warm...did they have to tear it all up.

thanks

2 1/2 years and 65k miles in all New England weather and my list
-gas
-oil
-air filters
-rear brake pads
-1 set of tires
-a couple of sponge baths
-windshield

Every make and model will have the occasional hiccup but these are solid and reliable cars.

OP is clearly a troll. No TPMS on the CX-5...

27,000 hard city miles. No garage. 2013 AWD GT with Tech. No problems other than a slightly shaky mirror which will be taken care of by known TSB.

OP is clearly a troll. No TPMS on the CX-5...

27,000 hard city miles. No garage. 2013 AWD GT with Tech. No problems other than a slightly shaky mirror which will be taken care of by known TSB.

Almost same exact here but 29,000 miles :D no TSB's done. Car is as reliable as the first day I bought it back in June 2012. OP what the heck are you doing to eff up a car like that? if of course those things really happened.

WOW WHAT A LIST! Too bad it is false!!!
(notcool)

Wow, I honestly did not expect such negativity from this forum. For those who replied with condolences, thank you. Actually, I have another to add to my list after reading speedbegone post. Driver side mirror. Edit I complained about the road noise and wind noise on the driver side door but thought it was the seal or window. The mirror replacement definitely fixed it.

I do not troll the internet and it is a big annoyance when I see it. Regardless, I have an appointment at the Bob Moore Mazda dealership in Edmond (Oklahoma) on Tuesday to replace my bluetooth module.

Don't get me wrong, besides the smaller cup holders (wife likes the large Sonic drinks and cant fit two ;)) we absolutely love driving the CX-5. It is just unfortunate that we've had so many issues.

As far as the transmission quant, it was a TSB and cost them over $7000 per dealer.

Yes, I do have TPMS on all tires. They are very common these days. Surprised it isn't on yours. I have a 14 GT

Last edited:
Sorry man! I had rear drums and pads replaced at 20k miles and a SD card replaced for the Tomtom. My breaks and drums were 500.00 and the SD card was warranty. Oh.....and I had to replace the battery, which was prorated under warranty.

How did you do the TomTom update? They said I had to bring it to them to do the update which I find completely stupid. I should be able to do it at home with a SD card reader and download the updates. Did you have to pay? If so, did you do yearly or lifetime?

Back