my protege es build

no-zoom2002

:
mazda, protege, ES-T
hi everyone, this is the first time posting on mazdas247, been visiting but never really posted. figured i would get on and make a quick mod list for everyone to read if you want.

I have a 2002 mazda protege ES that i purchased 4 years ago

appearance

03.5 msp spoiler
03.5 msp rims
03.5 msp interior(front seats,rear setas,steering wheel,shift boot)
triple piller pod(a-piilar) boost, oil psi and aem uego wideband

performance
top mount turbo manifold
td04 turbo 9psi
msp ecu
rising rate fuel pressure regulator
jdm speed camshafts
front mount intercooler
2.5 inch fmic piping
2.5 inch cold air intake
hks ssqv bov
awr front and rear motor mounts ( 95 durometer)
upgraded torsen limited slip
2.5 inch turbo back( magnaflow cat,ractive muffler)
b and m shifter
kyb struts
tien s tech springs
msp rear sway bar
rear awr end links
fidenza flywheel
exedy clutch
pioneer head unit
mtx amp
boston subs( 2 10's)

soon 626 manifold( ported)
having front lip made for es front bumper

bad pic of my dirty car, the jetta is my wifes car
239.jpg

256.jpg

250.jpg

248.jpg

255.jpg

247.jpg

245.jpg

238.jpg

240.jpg

will have more pics of my other comp of the accual build at a later date.
thanks for reading, please post coments.

Last edited:
hopefully you post sme pics soon ..
i hope i can get some inspiration for my bone stock es .
my first car ever and im 16 . trying to start it off right .

didn't forget. been a while with out internet, and been really busy. as of now with the bad weather i will not be getting the car out for a couple more months.

hopefully you post sme pics soon ..
i hope i can get some inspiration for my bone stock es .
my first car ever and im 16 . trying to start it off right .

dude theres alot to do for your car!!! especially if ur running something higher than a 1.8 hahaha, go to my page and go to my vehicles and you can see whats done on a low budget!!!!!!(i promise i havent spent as much as it looks like, you just gotta research and shop right!)

Actually u can do a lot with a 1.6 n 1.8l engine.. hell if u got enough money any engine can have a lot done.. n jist a bit of advice good deals are greay.. but never go cheap on ur car you'll end up payin for it in the end.. jist do it right the first time..

Actually u can do a lot with a 1.6 n 1.8l engine.. hell if u got enough money any engine can have a lot done.. n jist a bit of advice good deals are greay.. but never go cheap on ur car you'll end up payin for it in the end.. jist do it right the first time..
hahah key word, MONEY!! but yes its true if a guy can build a 1000 horsepower 4 cylinder civic, hell i can do the same with my protege(im not cuz i dont have the money, but i know i can). Basically as clarification what i was saying was you can still get legit manufactured parts for better prices as long as you research and find the good places to buy aka if you can get whole sale pricing(which if you talk to the company enough sometimes they will do the discount for you) then your saving right there. BUT YES I AGREE DO NOT JUST BUY SOMETHING CUZ ITS CHEAP! i learned that the hard way on a couple things i bought lol. second as for engine wise i just see alot more ready made options for the 1.8, like the 1.6 you really gotta dig for stuff, like aftermarket cams!!! for my 1.6 i gotta buy some and get them machined, which is alot more expensive then the ready made ones other companies offer for the 1.8

the budget thing is great and all, mine is a budget build. but what kind of power is your car making, I dont see anything about moder work or boost?

if ur asking me im on a budget build too, i did some suspension, engine(ported oem header(waiting for aftermarket performance header to get here) upgraded wiring, spark plugs, ignition coils, short ram air intake, upgraded radiator), and exhaust work(custom 3 inch piping, high flow cat, and aftermarket muffler). Of course cuz its cheeper i did alot of exterior upgrades, so right now the cars mostly for show, unless its against the honda civics around by me haha

will be re routeing the fmic piping and mounting intercooler higher. learned alot after front mounting speedypros car. Did some things on his that made me think of some dif on mine.

Hmm interestin.. where did u findthat manifold? Or did u have it made?.

it was made for the 626, wich is the reason for my need to trim the hood support. It was on ebay, not sure the brand, but before the ebay bashers come around let me assure you that not only does it not have any cracks but it also fit better than my friends thunder series.

Ehh sometimes u can find good stuff on ebay.. hell my MAM cast iron manifold cracked alll the damn time it was a pita.. but my hiboost manifold is FTMW!! lol looks good man I wana see how it runs. Any vids?

none uploaded yet of it boosted, want to get a good vid. I ran my friends 2004 350z track pack and from a 40 roll up till 120 i pulled him by 1 car. on 9 psi.i have a vid of it when it was first boosted but it isnt a good one. as soon as the weather breaks me and speedypro will prob have tons of pics and vids of our two pro's

Back