My parking brake no longer engages

Jbcustom420

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
So a few days ago I went and installed new brake pads on my car. I went with the HAWK HPS. In taking off the pads, we are called to release the parking brake cable from the caliper. After finishing the job I reseated the cable and now the parking brake no longer has any grip.

My hope is its just the wire is a little loose at the e-brake handle. Please post a reply if you have any advice what to do.

Mean while I'll be posting a how-to install big brake/new calipers.

My E-brake required more clicks to engage after I replaced my pads. Try lifting out the plastic panel surrounding the E-brake lever and tightening the adjustment nut with a 10mm deep socket. Now my E-brake is fully engaged at 4 clicks, no dragging brakes. :)

there is also the adjuster in the rear caliper as well. I guess the manual says tighten it and back off 1/4 turn. Well i did and it created alittle more drag then i liked so i went 1/2 turn.

Well now my ebreak is like yours. I suggest adding back 1/8 turn to the adjuster on the calipers. if that fails try the in cabin adjustment.

when I did my rotors and pads the ebrake went all the way up and didn't engage but after driving a little and using the brakes for a while it fixed itself...

Back