My "New" Rims...

:
2012 Ram 1500 Sport Quad Cab
Last spring I picked up a set of MX-3 GT rims from my local junk yard, mounted my Summer tires on and rocked em out... my summer tires were junk so I stripped them and found someone close to my location who strips, and refinishes rims.
Here is the first picture I have seen, i'm picking these rims up on Friday!

The Color is "Flash Pearl Metallic"
JustinsRim.jpg

I can't wait to get some decent tires on and rock these out! (headbang)

I'm really happy with the colour, I can't wait to see them in person, apparently the picture does not do them justice!
The rims are 15", and I believe they are 6" wide... MX-3 GT factory rims...
I'm not sure on tires... Was thinking stock protege size... but would like to go wider...

yeah I wasn't sure what the stick size was. If ya go with the smaller tire though the speedo difference isn't even gonna be noticeable. a 205 would be plenty of tire for a 6" wheel. Plus you have some really good option for tires vs the extremely limited list for the 215.

yeah I wasn't sure what the stick size was. If ya go with the smaller tire though the speedo difference isn't even gonna be noticeable. a 205 would be plenty of tire for a 6" wheel. Plus you have some really good option for tires vs the extremely limited list for the 215.
I'm looking at 225/50/R15 as an option...
Would that be too wide for a 6" rim, and more importantly for a Protege?

Definitely not to wide for the pro. Depending on the offset you you will more then likely have to roll the fenders. 225's are gonna be way to wide for the 6" width of the wheels, they are gonna look like off-road tires. They will fit its just gonna look really weird, and depending on the tire it could effect handling in a bad way.

I'm about to go away to work for a month... when I get back the rims will be mounted :)
EDIT:
I decided to bite the bullet on getting the tires... went with stock size as 215/50/R15 are very rare and pricey!
So 195/55/R15 are mounted on them.
Put them on the car this evening they look great! Now I just have to get my body done and painted and the car will be tip top :)

Last edited:
Pictures will be posted on the next nice day we get here...
the weather has been bad and cold, and my car is dirty from sitting at the dock for a month waiting for me...

MakeMeGoFast where did you get the front lip and skirts for your car? i've been looking for some but haven't had much luck

I paid $200 Taxes included... there was only one defect on one rim which was some minor curb rash. The Powdercoating pretty much hid that.

too many people make their car ugly with emerald paint and black painted rims, but i really think that this metallic pearl dark grey will look amazing. im really excited to see the results.

Latest posts

Back