my new pet

Sain't

I was sick the other day and got a chance to take some photos of my new snake Clinton. Enjoy.

Attachments

• underside clinton.JPG
    underside clinton.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 81
  • beeger.JPG
    beeger.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 61
  • clinton artsy.JPG
    clinton artsy.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 68
  • clinton hanging.JPG
    clinton hanging.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 60
  • clinton jar.JPG
    clinton jar.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 60
Playing with the macro feature a little bit here.

Attachments

• chill.JPG
    chill.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 59
  • clinton curves.JPG
    clinton curves.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 44
  • clinton scales.JPG
    clinton scales.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 35
  • near tail.JPG
    near tail.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 50
  • scalation.JPG
    scalation.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 41
snakes are only cool to watch them eat. other than that they suck. they dont come when you call them nor do they perform tricks, and they definitely dont ge all the girls. bleh

i like it :) if i could stand to kill a mouse before feeding it to the snake i'd get one, but i couldn't do that to a mouse

cool snake! My wife and I had an Eastern Hognose for a couple years, but with 3 dogs at the time, he deserved better attention. We found a local expert who takes snakes to schools to educate children about them, and that they are not as freaky as so many people think. They are very nice pets. Sure you cannot do stuff like dogs do, but he knew when we were home, and knew when it was feeding time, or if we were taking him out to play.

Corn snake?...by the way, you don't need to kill the mouse before you feed it to the snake. Actually, I don't think most snakes will eat it if its already dead.

Last edited:
sickpro5 said:
Corn snake?...by the way, you don't need to kill the mouse before you feed it to the snake. Actually, I don't think most snakes will eat it if its already dead.
when i was researching getting a snake that's what all of the sites said you were supposed to do so that the mouse doesn't scratch the snake and cause an infection. it said you're supposed to kill it right before feeding it to the snake though so it was still warm. i know lots of people feed it live but the sites i read made sense

jred321 said:
when i was researching getting a snake that's what all of the sites said you were supposed to do so that the mouse doesn't scratch the snake and cause an infection. it said you're supposed to kill it right before feeding it to the snake though so it was still warm. i know lots of people feed it live but the sites i read made sense

yea it makes sense, but if you think about it, snakes that eat mice, rabbits, and things of that nature are made for that. As long as you get the right size food for them, I don't think it should be a problem, plus thats the fun part about having a snake...watching it search and destroy, take forever to eat it, then it goes back to just letting it sit there for 1 week or however often you feed your snake.

Whoops. I forgot about this thread.

He is a corn snake, and I feed him pre-killed mice. I actually buy them frozen and thaw one out for him on feeding day. Most snakes do prefer live prey but if you get them started on frozen, then they're OK with it for life.

No, a snake won't come when you call it, or show any affection whatsoever. I like it. I can feed him and leave home for 2 weeks and not feel the least bit bad about neglecting him or anything.

Oh, like said above, I did have a snake actually show interest in me. A rosy boa I was holding at a reptile expo decided to eat my hand and grabbed on. Then it started trying to throw coils around my hand so it could constrict it. That was an experience. So far my own snake knows the difference between me and a dead mouse.

Back