My new CF wing.

Way to big dude! Lol lower it down 1/2 the size it would look better

Agreed. It looks good. I was a little worried when I barely saw it on. But then I actually looked at it. It goes well man, Kudos to you good sir.

My Eyes! The goggles do nothing!
What function does it serve aside from robbing your mpg?

I don't think that is on the top of his prioreties considering the money involved in the car.

Him installing a wing on his MX-6 makes you quit looking for your own MX-6... Not sure I understand your logic. (hi)

nope. this is just another case of where i have to explain after i say something. it used to give me inspiration for what i would do to an mx6 but it no longer gives me that inspiration. i am still looking but i am no longer inspired to style it after his car

ill admit i typed incorrectly on that one.

nope. this is just another case of where i have to explain after i say something. it used to give me inspiration for what i would do to an mx6 but it no longer gives me that inspiration. i am still looking but i am no longer inspired to style it after his car

We'll get you to write in a concise & effective manner eventually, lol. ;)

I'd like to see a nice modest lip spoiler :)

I had a 96 v6 in the same color minus the camo with a lip spoiler to replace the stock one looked clean as hell!

Sorry but I really liked your car... but this is total RICE in my opinion :( functional or not.

Very nice weaksauce! Looks like a nice piece man. I know you starting to get into tracking the car and I just wanna give you a heads up. That blade is NOT ment to be used in a position that high, it needs be below the roof line as it has that bump in the middle. If you were to raise it into the windstream and hit triple digit speeds it WILL fly off. I've seen it happen. You need a straight blade if your going to run it in that high of a position. That bump is part of the design for it to work properly, but it needs to be mounted lower out of the actual airstream, more or less helping the air flowing over the roof line to be forced onto the trunk.

@ KrnMailMan: I don't understand your hostile comments. He posted this on a public forum so other's opinions, whether good or bad, were expected.
I dont care about general hate lol i just got annoied cause people were saying "ban" "needs to be lower". opinions are one thing, those kind of comments are another. like what you said is awesome stuff.

my angers was pointed at the people who go alittle to cooky with their comments.

Ban? cause of a CF GT Wing? really?

what if you have a jeep? are you just not allowed to have an opinion at all then?

sorry about that, not everything needs a big wing, you are right =) i was just annoied at some comments ^_~

so sorry. Didn't realize you were a aerodynamic engineer. So perhaps you can explain to me whether it's a spoiler or a wing. If it really is a wing perhaps you could shed some light how to you determined the angle of attack for that vehicle? It appears to be adjustable, so clearly you must know which peg to set it at for optimum performance.
Also I would really like to know how you determined the streamlines to figure out the perfect area to be functional? There is a lot of complexity with cfd work and was wondering how you overcame all that. thanks

Thats cute. So sorry, im not an aero engineer, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

its just a general rule, all cars build air pressure in the front (duh) the shape of the car effects the air flow towards the back, in this case its a couple, generally the roof is low, and has a long rear windsheild that has a less decline than say most sedans and ofcourse hatch's.

flow of the air from the front of the car as it goes around (above, below and to the sides) we are in this case interested in the "top" goes around the roof and this is where the "magic" happens. weaksauce has a race car... correct? so he likes to hit the highest speeds possible, different for each situation ofcourse (corners, straights, ect). so its understandable that hes going at high speeds.... correct?

so at high speeds, the air going over the top of the car does not just follow down the rear windshield, it stays at about the roof line and maybe alittle lower. what is in the space between the roofline and the windshield then?

a vacuum is formed. so if ther wing was smaller... it would be in the vacuum.... what happens in a vacuum? nothing, not air, nothing.

the air above the roof line at this point is refered as "clean air" which is what wings need to produce downforce and in turn be an effective wing.

btw i got all this by googling
http://www.aprperformance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=134&Itemid=44
theres the site.

i didnt see anyone whinning about the position of the wing (which weaksauce has changed already) just the height.

rememeber, weaksauce has a race car, he wants downforce.

race cars get worse gas mileage than a 30 rotor, he doesnt need a wing to save his precious gas.

thanx. im going to sleep now. forgive my spelling, im not staying at a holiday Inn Express tonight

edit: how ever i would be on the hater boat if you put this on his daily driver b2000

this is a warning weaksauce

Last edited:
mike, haters gonna hate. as long as you love it, who the **** cares bro. i think it gives the car character and sets it apart from everything else.

pretty weak how most of these stupid ass comments are about how it looks like s***, when it is obvious that this is mostly for functionality, as mike tracks his s*** alot. you just needa do some big engine mods a.k.a. F/I ;)

(blarf) your car used to give me motivation to find an mx6 and i had been looking but no longer.

WUT? you're an idiot.

yes, really. you honestly let an internet forum anger you, really?

orly.jpg

I dont care about general hate lol i just got annoied cause people were saying "ban" "needs to be lower". opinions are one thing, those kind of comments are another. like what you said is awesome stuff.

my angers was pointed at the people who go alittle to cooky with their comments.

Ban? cause of a CF GT Wing? really?

Thread titled got edited?!
Very nice weaksauce! Looks like a nice piece man. I know you starting to get into tracking the car and I just wanna give you a heads up. That blade is NOT ment to be used in a position that high, it needs be below the roof line as it has that bump in the middle. If you were to raise it into the windstream and hit triple digit speeds it WILL fly off. I've seen it happen. You need a straight blade if your going to run it in that high of a position. That bump is part of the design for it to work properly, but it needs to be mounted lower out of the actual airstream, more or less helping the air flowing over the roof line to be forced onto the trunk.
Thanks bro. The back of the blade (higher end) is level with the roof line. Put a 2x4 across my roof and a threw a level on it, measured 49 inches. Measured the highest point of the wing, 49 inches from the ground. Only the front of the wing can be adjusted/angled. Nice sig btw

Last edited:
i just think the problem is that it is to large and distracting. it takes away from the beauty of the car. its not that wings are considered rice. i just dont like the look

The car itself is gorgeous, kudos on the work you have done.
The wing ..... makes me want to copy and past a picture of it into the funniest pictures of rice rides thread

Looks good. I think ur car needed a wing. Its a tad big but i like it. Its far from rice if u ask me. I need a wing now...

As for the dude gettin pissed about people saying "ban". Chill yo, they're just joking(i think).

well seeing that he DOES track the car the wing can be functional.

Aesthetically i liked it better without the wing, but have seen numerous pictures of him tracking his car, so if it helps with that, more power to him.

Ladies and gentleman please sure that your tray tables are up and in their locked postions, Fasten your seatbelts and be sure to turn off any electronics devices that you have, we have been cleared for take off......All you need is some CF door wings and you might fly!!!!

Man you got a really clean MX6 there props to you for doing your own thing. It looks very good and seems to me it would be functional from all the info being posted here.

Back