my ek hatches progress

k20 all up in your eye:

GRAPH5.gif

All Motor.

k20hdr3.jpg

K20 on an exige, 4-1 equal length header. looks like a crazy turbo manifold, but its a header.

and, heres a video of a some slow honda powered exige's.

ones a b18c, and ones a k20.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjQwNjQyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D

ehehee!

ahhahahahhahahhh omg did you hear the K20 one at the end?...and they have 250whp out of a 2.0L...do you know what they did to it?...I am sitting on 185whp or so right now from an NA FS, and I am positive I can go no higher than that without some serious serious money, and drivability problems...and the FS is also a 2.0L

Dude^ thats nothing the 250 Hp is prolly only from intake header exhaust and Kpro w/ some tunning and some really mild cams! check honda-tech.com if your interested. and just to rub it in a little more a stock ek with full interior and only those mods will run 12's no problem with street tires and beat vettes on the street.....damn i wish i could find that video to prove it!!!!!

what?...250whp?...you are saying that a K20a2 (which starts at like 195whp or something right?...220bhp...so something like that)...will make over 50whp just with I/H/E mild cams and a little tuning?...Not saying I don't believe it...that header alone on Mang's dyno was showing like 20 MORE whp than some other header...ahah, oh man I lose...

yep you can go to Injen intakes website there intake alone makes 12.3whp on a stock type s motor not a type r. k series motors respond very well to mods even the non iVtec motors make good power with mild mods like that.

Last edited:
Yeah thats probably right...Not only are the engines great, they always plant very liveable ECU's with them...that don't give a s*** what you do, if more air comes in, it changes fuel requirements a little...and makes more power...

Our ECU likes to see more air come in, and run richer, and overall make the same or less power...its awesome...and it needs to be ridded of the car before the built engine goes in...

The k20 is a better H22a. I had many, many friends w/ H22a's in their 92-95 CX Hatches running low 12's all day long w/ drag radials.

http://www.**************************.com/forums/showthread.php?p=53

Beau is looking for more testbed Honda's

Horse power is what makes you buy the car. Torque is what makes you drive the car and I have over 120 Torque in my P5.

That is a nice looking EK John. I'm glad you finally got it tuned. I still miss seeing your white P5 at the meets. Still think you should have sold Missy's car kept the P5 and bought the EK.

See ya at the next mAZdasports meet

i took the little hatch for a spin with john yesterday. dang can it scoot. 0-60 i'd say in the low to mid 6's. the thing keeps pulling till 8500rpms (and was still pulling) and we hit over 70mph in second gear. it's a neat little car. nothing really happens till vtec though. but once the waaaaaaaa becomes a WAAAAAAA, you get that nice little push into the back of your seat. quite cool. A+ for that hondata. john just needs to get a decent header and he'll gain back some of that torque.

no scott. no. your evo will go down. i haven't seen your old mp3 around town yet. i've been looking out for him, too.

oh s***, that reminds me! scott, i saw the dood that bought your mp3! hes tall, and has a big nose! but he had a hot girl with him. :)

he brought the car into apex motorsports to get a turbo timer installed not long ago according to the guy who tuned my car. so at least we know hes taking care of the mp3.

Ya that's him!!!! Big nose and tall. He's a great guy- races bikes like lance armstrong and even has a scholarship for it or something.

hehe turbo timer!! Nice!

check out my site everyone, its nothing yet.

www.jmbat.com

but it will be finished soon. i got my domain and hosting through godaddy, registered for one year and a month of hosting for only $8. my monthly hosting fee is $4.

woot.

Back