my dyno today

joefufu

I did my first dyno run today. It was on a mustang dyno in 4th gear. The only performance mod I have is the vibrant s-pipe back exhaust, with 94 octane pump gas and flashed. The car was running way too rich in lower rpm, here are the graphs

Attachments

• DSC00868.JPG
    DSC00868.JPG
    157.2 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC00866.JPG
    DSC00866.JPG
    126.8 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC00867.JPG
    DSC00867.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
sounds about right for a Mustang Dyno....

tuning would REALLY help you out too.

I made more than that BONE stock.. my afrs were around .5 higher than yours. and I am flashed.. I made 141whp 143wtq bone stock. Same type of AWD mustang dyno. My boost looked the same as yours too.

Can the dyno really make that much difference? I put down 160hp and 166tq with just my vibrant exhaust. I was on a dyno jet.

hmm....the guy at the shop told me mustang dyno put out 13.5% less than dyno jet on average. That's why he put 156whp equivalent for dynojet. As advertise, no change in boost level for the vibrant exhaust. I might jack it up to 8psi when I have the money for smic

I always thought the Mustang dynos tend to put out higher numbers. Either way, I would never trust a number from a Mustang dyno, I'll stick to Dynojets.

Protege2K said:
I always thought the Mustang dynos tend to put out higher numbers. Either way, I would never trust a number from a Mustang dyno, I'll stick to Dynojets.

No it's lower.

Joefufu...if you want a more comparable number to all these guys on the board, goto Davenport. I dyno'd my p5 there.

there was another msp dyno at tecmotion(the place i went to for this dyno), that car was bone stock, and it made 127whp on mustang dyno. That gives you some idea on the gain of the exhaust

Last edited:
Back