My cx-7 on youtube =))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine gas guzzling CX7 brick is parked in the side yard. So I took some video of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

I know its no fun, but if you drive it like there's an egg between your foot and the accelerator you can get some really good MPG.

My light used to come on at about 225 miles. Right now I'm at 270 miles with no light yet and the only thing that changed was I started accelerating really gently and coasting if I see a slow down ahead, instead of driving up to it and then hitting the brakes.

Like I said, it's not nearly as much fun, and sometimes those behind me get antsy, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

I know its no fun, but if you drive it like there's an egg between your foot and the accelerator you can get some really good MPG.

My light used to come on at about 225 miles. Right now I'm at 270 miles with no light yet and the only thing that changed was I started accelerating really gently and coasting if I see a slow down ahead, instead of driving up to it and then hitting the brakes.

Like I said, it's not nearly as much fun, and sometimes those behind me get antsy, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

That might be true, but I'm driving my MX5 now and getting 28 MPG. The next time I drive the CX7 will be this December when I hand the lease back in. Come October I'm leasing something else, but haven't yet made up my mind between a simple Subaru Outback or a Mazda 3. The 3 gets better mileage, but the Outback is far better as a winter car and still gets 23+ mpg.

Well if a normal Mazda 3 has the space and mileage you actually need, why did you go for a turbo 244 hp CX7 in the first place?

My Turbo Baja gets 24-26mpg highway. Yes I have both...

theres some tubing that flows from that to the intake, just gets a little more air on it

i noticed a small difference after doing that.

That just goes down to the stock air box. So you removed the ducting from the air box and ran your own out to the fender area?

If it is not sealed to the intake it will not create ram air and hence boost intake pressure. Is your sealed to the intake?

Pictures?

That just goes down to the stock air box. So you removed the ducting from the air box and ran your own out to the fender area?

If it is not sealed to the intake it will not create ram air and hence boost intake pressure. Is your sealed to the intake?

Pictures?

Its not sealed to the intake, the end of the tube just dumps infront of it... are you saying that if it is not sealed to the intake its worthless? ill get some pics up soon

Well if a normal Mazda 3 has the space and mileage you actually need, why did you go for a turbo 244 hp CX7 in the first place?

My Turbo Baja gets 24-26mpg highway. Yes I have both...

Because Mazda fabricated the mileage estimates at 18-23. This year they changed them to 13-18. Mazda lied - and I don't give a damn how much people want to say "They are just estimates".

Gas just hit $4.19 yesterday here. The CX7 USED to cost roughly $200 a month to drive. Now it's nearing $400.

The Mazda 3 doesn't have the space, but does have the mileage. Since I bought an MX5, I no longer need a year round car, just a winter one.

They didn't lie. The EPA does those numbers not the car manufacturers. The EPA changed their testing procedure in 2008 to better simulate real-world driving.

And since I can get over 23 MPG in my AWD CX-7 on the highway, I wouldn't say the EPA is even that far off.

From Mazda's website for the 2008 CX-7:
EPA Mileage (City/Highway)*
FWD Automatic Transmission 17 / 23 estimated
AWD Automatic Transmission 16 / 22 estimated
* These estimates reflect new EPA methods beginning with 2008 models

However, the CX-7's MPG drops much more drastically when you drive it even a little bit spirited. MUCH worse than any other car I've ever owned. But this is my first turbo and my first direct injected engine.

If you want gas milage vehicle then buying a turboed car is a bad idea simple, so stop trashtalking jesus ****.

hahaha...lol at albanian dude. u hit it right on d head. props to ya

Well im not sure whether it was the answer he was looking for but im tired of his negative posts WTF.
2.3 Turbocharged vehicle that weighs 4000lbs cant be good on fuel but it sure looks sexy as **** and gives a lot of vehicles on the road run for their money. I got a heavy foot so mine im not even getting 300 miles on a tank but i am not whining its my driving and my 22 inch wheels, and im sure once i get the Water methanol kit its ot gonna help much as i will wanna race everyone, my plans by the time im done is to have this beast at about 350 and im working on it.

Well im not sure whether it was the answer he was looking for but im tired of his negative posts WTF.
2.3 Turbocharged vehicle that weighs 4000lbs cant be good on fuel but it sure looks sexy as **** and gives a lot of vehicles on the road run for their money. I got a heavy foot so mine im not even getting 300 miles on a tank but i am not whining its my driving and my 22 inch wheels, and im sure once i get the Water methanol kit its ot gonna help much as i will wanna race everyone, my plans by the time im done is to have this beast at about 350 and im working on it.

Was that one sentence or three?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back