My Crappy Dyno

txrxs

:
MSP->240sx->626GT->240sx->240sx
Well i dyno'd my car today and the results suck the balls.(pissed)

160whp 165tq on a Dynojet in 4th.

Car ran pig rich the whole way. Another thing is that i had a CEL on and the car was running in "safe" mode. I guess i just expected a little bit more but oh well, the car wasn't in optimal shape. I'll post pics when i get them.

Mods:
MAM FMIC and SRI combo.
2.5" Apex catless DP.
Stock boost at 7psi.

A funny thing though is that a stock 05 mustang GT with an intake only pulled 170whp.

well considering u were running in limp mode thats not bad i mean stock i made 148 to the wheels, all's you have really that ads power is the midpipe and maybe the intake. i think thats right around where u should be considering its running so rich. keep your head up big guy. :)

txrxs said:
A funny thing though is that a stock 05 mustang GT with an intake only pulled 170whp.

:bs: Maybe the V6.... 130 hp drivetrain loss on the GT? I doubt it.

But 160whp for your mods in limp/CEL mode ain't bad.

SilentSno said:
:bs: Maybe the V6.... 130 hp drivetrain loss on the GT? I doubt it.

But 160whp for your mods in limp/CEL mode ain't bad.

I'll get you the dyno sheet, it was a 05 black mustang GT convert AT. Saw it with my own eyes. 170whp and like 234tq.

The CEL is from the primary 02 because the wires are ****** and i need a new one. I'm gonna go back and dyno again once i get that sorted out.

turbohoses SMIC/hardpipes, injen cai, and 2.5" WITH CAT apex downpipe (to stock piping/muffler)

Rawyzf (MSP) 166HP/166TQ Stock PSI

Drumfreak (MSP) 166HP/163TQ Stock PSI corksport exst, injen, hardpipes
Boomergt (MSP) 214HP/213TQ @9 to 7 psi LOTS OF s***
Laserblue (MSP) 146HP/146TQ all stock non-flashed
Mspeed (MSP) 203HP/195TQ @ 9psi hiboost fmic, 3" apex dp TO 3", injen
Tytanium (MSP) 167HP/172TQ (odd as was boosting 8psi and had pipes, injen, greddy exhaust)

so I'd say you were a tad low as stock boost is 6 on most cars. if your running 7psi I'd imagine a little better. but if your throwing a CEL who knows?

Last edited:
There's no way the GT only puts down 170. I've heard that they dyno at over 300whp, which is typical of american cars (to under rate power).

Those things run high 13's from the factory. And they weigh like 3400lbs. They have a LOT more than 170whp.

Maybe the autos are different.

Maybe the dyno or the RPM readings were messed up.

There is no way those Mustang dyno numbers can be right. It would have to make peak torque before 4k, and then just drop off like nothing after that for the hp to be that low.

heres RAWZYF's dyno sheet with my dyno "painted" over it. I was pretty impressed with the dyno because of stock boost, limited mods, and catalytic converter still there. See how it compairs to yours.

Kyle1.jpg

Kooldino said:
There's no way the GT only puts down 170. I've heard that they dyno at over 300whp, which is typical of american cars (to under rate power).

Those things run high 13's from the factory. And they weigh like 3400lbs. They have a LOT more than 170whp.

Maybe the autos are different.

Maybe the dyno or the RPM readings were messed up.

Not sure about them dynoing at over 300whp but they definitely dyno more than 170whp. I was watching Horsepower TV today and a stock GT put down 255whp.

I'm going to go back this week and dyno again without the cel to clarify why this is a little low.

Oh, crap...missed that, sorry.

Then I definately think you are at least 10whp short.
txrxs said:
It's in the first post. Apex 2.5in DP no cats to stock muffler.

txrxs said:
I'm going to go back this week and dyno again without the cel to clarify why this is a little low.

txrxs where are you doing your dyno runs at? I'm wanting to get mine dynoed before and after I get dsm's afc in a few weeks.

Back