My 2002.5 P5 AwesomeSauce build thread

Yeah that fitment looks perfect. Guess you can call me an old man. That looks to be a trouble free (no rub) setup going on. Rubbing is super annoying and I don't want to waste my time dealing with that.

Last edited:
My current setup rubs on full lock. The RH setup definitely rubs in the front because of the higher profile tire, 40(current) vs 45(RH). Once I finish the last RH and everything is ready, i'm going to raise the car up so it looks like this:

74965_10154030526829207_4852755234591952887_n.jpg

Yep, been going back and forth with him on what size spacers I need and the fitment I'm looking for. I also wanted to raise up the car so I don't scrape everywhere lol. So, the back is going to be 25mm and the front 30mm.

i used to think my 215/45's looked like fat balloons. running 215/40 now and i kind of want the balloons back lol. im stupid

So may sound dumb here, but how in the world are you running +30mm spacers on those Racing Harts and not rubbing all over the place?

oh im definitely rubbing in the front lol. I was just test fitting them on with spacers, I went back to my old wheels for now while I wait for the other two spacers. Im going to be raising up the car once I have everything ready. No more low for me(for now maybe). My fenders have quite a bit of work done to them, if you can tell from the pic of the front wheel fitment, the fender pokes out more compared to the bumper. Same with the rear.

Last edited:
Ah okay haha. Are you on the lowest setting of your coilovers or no? The stance your car has is almost exactly what im looking toward (eventually doing) for my car one day in the probably distant future lol.

the lowest setting without messing with spring rate. I could have the frame pancaked on the floor but why would I do that lol. And I don't want to mess with the spring rate either.

Beauty! I really love the look of it. Really considering redoing my mp3 rims and order the same spec spacers (30mm front/25mm rear).

The front will definitely rub without raising the car, I went through various stages of trying to stay low but keeping my setup up meaty looking, its almost impossible. I also got really tired of scrapping everywhere and having rubbing issues when I corner really hard. It's going to have to sit at about 1 finger gap for everything to clear and avoid rubbing issues.

I'm a big fan of how the 45 series tires look. Im running 235/40/17 Yokohama AD08 right now but will probably switch back to 225/45/17 Nankang NS2R once these wear down

Last edited:
Beauty! I really love the look of it. Really considering redoing my mp3 rims and order the same spec spacers (30mm front/25mm rear).

The front will definitely rub without raising the car, I went through various stages of trying to stay low but keeping my setup up meaty looking, its almost impossible. I also got really tired of scrapping everywhere and having rubbing issues when I corner really hard. It's going to have to sit at about 1 finger gap for everything to clear and avoid rubbing issues.

I'm a big fan of how the 45 series tires look. Im running 235/40/17 Yokohama AD08 right now but will probably switch back to 225/45/17 Nankang NS2R once these wear down

I think you should stay with the RPF1's, your car just looks right with them lol. Just the get the same spec spacers for when you put on the mp3 RH's. I'm already enjoying not scraping on most things right now with 45 series tire lol, still maxed out of the coil overs and have rubbing issues on full lock but no where near as much as before. The ride is so much better with the Dunlop's compared to the crap tire I had before.

love the wheel fitment! The refinished RH's make the car look completely different.

Thanks man, will look better once I get the other spacers and height adjusted (i hope). The silver definitely goes well with the red. I never really like the black wheels and skinny spokes, kinda hard to see the actual wheel lol.

Up it goes! Took a while trying to get the ride height adjusted and i think its finally right. Could go a little higher all around but it looks good as it is.

a2ed644f9e59708b080ccab847fc4804.jpg

a070a285354933c8fb43637d530540e1.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Back