Multiple codes

Nc MSP

:
2003 MazdaSPEED Protege
PO171 System too lean bank 1
PO300 Random/Multiple misfire
PO660 Intake Manifold Tuning Valve Control Circuit bank 1

Mods: 3 inch cat back, ssafc on superstock, SU 626 intake mani, injen cai.

im lead to believe that the 660 is for no vics/vtcs and 171 may be bad primary o2....then about the 300 ive already done coils and wires and about to do plugs. any suggestions would help

Your VICS code could be causing the misfire, ignore the P0171 my car and several others have thrown that code randomly without any apparent problems. My guess would be a bad VICS or VTCS solenoid.

Honestly you should have changed the plugs first ($8 for plugs vs. close to $100 for everything else), NGK ZFR6F-11 gapped to .028-.032".

Last edited:
Did you leave the solenoids plugged in? You will get a CEL if they don't. I'm thinking your misfire is a bad spark plug.

the spark plugs were the first thing i did....and yes theyre still plugged in. im thinking a vac/boost leak are the meaning of all this mayhem

In your first post you said you were 'about to do the plugs' so I figured you hadn't yet. What does your boost gauge read?

yeah haha when i said that i literally meant about to go downstairs and do it lol....and sometimes 20 then sometimes itll drop to around 17-18 and the afr goes lean to like 19.5

on the 171 i strongly believe that if the primary o2 isnt bad, then its a manifold crack

i do have a slight crack in the mani, and its sometimes 19 at idle and i have a ssafc

Back