msp vs a gsr...

the gsr won't be any different than typical tuner cars, but it will deliver reliability with quite a bit of fun. like others have said, it would be a bit faster in a straight line (though you'd have to wind it out everytime) but when the corners come the MSP sticks better no doubt. It depends what you want to do...keep it stock or put money into it. Both cars have roads to go down when modifying, you aren't gonna make much power in the gsr unless you put lots of money into it (or you swap) and the same goes for the MSP, it'll take a decent amount of money to make more power, although it may be cheaper due to the fact that it's a turbo car to begin with.

not sure the GSR is faster in the 1/4 mile, that would be a pretty close race.. if you want long term reliability GSR.. if you want something that people look and stare at and think.. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? get the MSP.. i am not a fan at all of hondas/Acuras (unless its a new TL or s2000) they are a dime a dozen..

I like both, if you want to do a full blown build, the Integra will be the better choice for the money. Just make sure the Integra has LoJack, Alarm, Detachable steering wheel, and any other type of antitheft device.

If you want cheap, get the Integra.
If you just want mild bolt on's the MSP will be the better choice.

i've drove my friends old gsr and it was stock and compared it to my stock MSP back to back and the MSP was just a lot more fun to drive due to the torque and its ability to take turns better. Like others already said the gsr is faster in the straight line, but other things about the msp is the interior is a hell of a lot better i think

No way, the GS-R can be faster in a straight line if modified to be as an MSP. Not stock for stock. They both produce similar HP but the torque band and power band of the MSP is a lot better. The only reason that the GS-R would be better is because of the parts available.

If I smoked a new Civic S.I. w/197h.p. driving my stock MSP, I don't see how the 170 h.p. GSR can even keep up. GSR's are strong and reliable cars but utilizing the right driving skills and timing during shifting the stock MSP has more power off line and in top end. Even though the MSP has a h.p. & torque rating fit for the mid 1990's, the factory medium frame turbo and bad ass suspension make up for it.

says the man who had his MSP towed and break down alot, and what would me listening to MJ have anything to do with this?

Last edited:
says the man who doesnt know the difference between a mp3 and a msp even when its in my sig and username...and also ive never had my car towed or break down

MSP! and yes the msp has alot of learning curves and sometime i just wanna get rid of it and get something alittle more reliable! but man, its just a fun car to have!

The MSP even stock really is such a drivers car, the GS-R is a very nice car but can't compare in the feed back it gives you. Its like it speaks to you as you drive.

u had some bad luck then! all cars get towed at some point ive they are more then a few years old!

if u take care of ur msp its not gonna need to be towed i had mine for three years and never had it towed and just to say i beaten gs-r, type-s... if u know how launch ur msp out run a lot of cars

u had some bad luck then! all cars get towed at some point ive they are more then a few years old!

At least 5 people I know and myself sold their MSPs because they all had problems with them. Mine got towed withing the first year. I loved my MSP but it had issues.

I towed the MSP once, the GSR got towed at least 3 times. A lot of times I was able to repair it on the go but still towed it a few times. On the GSR I broke the clutch, floated a valve twice (one of those times I was able to just put a new head on in a parking lot) and the ECU plug burned once. The MSP has only been towed when I broke the diff.

Back