MSP in GT4.

Black Majik MSP said:
Did YOU beat it? Does anyone know a person who has? My friend & his brother play that game more than anyone I know & he has done ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING in the game & it still says he is only 98% done. I'm starting to believe that you get the last 2% for purchasing GT4. :D

that's due to a glitch in the game. sony came out with a bug free version of the game later but it was already too late. you had to contact them directly to get it too i think. that's the same version that had the bug that wiped out your whole garage of cars when you beat 1st place on the test track.

FBI14 said:

thats the japanese version anyway, they have a different car list the the US version, even tho there is a protege in the US version its not called the familia sport 20, its just a protege, and its slow, and the only reason i bought it is because its a protege :p...

i'm at 12% now and i rarely play the game on my friends console, i'm sure if i sat down one weekend i could beat it no problem...

i put myself on reserve for forza, and for the naysayers about the demo, i was talking to an xbox rep the other day and the real game is going to be 10x better than the demo, it was released as a test dummy basically and they are completely redoing the physics engine, the demo was actually created a LOOONG time ago and iirc was released AFTER they had already started making changes, just to gauge interest etc... i'm excited for this game, especially after being pretty dissapointed (which i expected to be) with GT4...

Hey question, how many people also notice the graphical glitch that came with the first shipment(as I'm told) of the game. I have seen it on most versions, but it is harder to notice with a low res setup. I am talking about the "shaking screen" as some describe it. I get it most when the race starts and when the times come up at the end. I have a brand new PS2 and flawless copy of the game, none other of my PS2 games do this. I have it hooked up in Svideo, it doesnt matter if I use component or RCA or Svid, i get the same shaky, horizontal glitchyness.

Uhhhhh, NO. It happens the MOST then. But depending on what car or track I choose it can go from mildly irritating, to rediculously unplayable. If I ever choose the Benz Motor Carraige (useless car, but as an example) and go to say...the dragstrip, the screen glitches the whole run. Smae with a few other cars, but then not at all with some.

CommieSpeed said:
Uhhhhh, NO. It happens the MOST then. But depending on what car or track I choose it can go from mildly irritating, to rediculously unplayable. If I ever choose the Benz Motor Carraige (useless car, but as an example) and go to say...the dragstrip, the screen glitches the whole run. Smae with a few other cars, but then not at all with some.

It's because the FPS are dropping too low and it's only rendering half the frames. There's no way to fix it if you have it, and if it was fixed in a later production run they just turned off some of the graphical goodies to compensate.

toucci said:
It's because the FPS are dropping too low and it's only rendering half the frames. There's no way to fix it if you have it, and if it was fixed in a later production run they just turned off some of the graphical goodies to compensate.
Well, that's the best explanation I've heard so far. I may just go exchange my copy at a walmart. Or just trade the game in, I play more Forza now anyway.

CommieSpeed said:
Well, that's the best explanation I've heard so far. I may just go exchange my copy at a walmart. Or just trade the game in, I play more Forza now anyway.

it has nothing to do with the game disk itself, its the fact that they made the game better than the system, the PS2 is just not fast enough to keep up with the graphics in the game and that is what caused...

in short, PS2 sucks, big time, xbox is far better, so sell your PS2 and save up for xbox360 :D...

yes yes it is :D... they got kinda screwy with the options and colors between the 03 and 03.5, but i've got my LBM 03.5 with stock lip and wing, so i'm happy :D...

JHew84 said:
thats the japanese version anyway, they have a different car list the the US version, even tho there is a protege in the US version its not called the familia sport 20, its just a protege, and its slow, and the only reason i bought it is because its a protege :p...

i'm at 12% now and i rarely play the game on my friends console, i'm sure if i sat down one weekend i could beat it no problem...

i put myself on reserve for forza, and for the naysayers about the demo, i was talking to an xbox rep the other day and the real game is going to be 10x better than the demo, it was released as a test dummy basically and they are completely redoing the physics engine, the demo was actually created a LOOONG time ago and iirc was released AFTER they had already started making changes, just to gauge interest etc... i'm excited for this game, especially after being pretty dissapointed (which i expected to be) with GT4...

it's still a sport20.... how else can you explain the 7000rpm redline and 168hp? it's classic sony usa ******* with car names like they did in the older GTs... calling 180SX's "240SX's"

toucci said:

No, that causes tearing. What you see is an interlacing screwup.

Back