MSP Corksport Skid Plate

first i have ever heard of it

looks pretty cool but i dunno about 250 dollars cool though, wonder if that covers shipping

It's posted in the appearance section. I would spend my money elsewhere, but maybe one day. I really don't see the point of it exactly unless you race the car offroad or are slammed on the ground. It would keep in MORE heat it seems and I know I wouldn't want that.

Why would it keep in more heat? It would transfer heat better than the stock plastic one right? Its more than I want to spend, but I see one in my future.

It's right under the exhaust, I would imagine the exhaust heat would radiate back up. I don't know that's my novice theory. I'm sure the people that developed it know a lot more than I do. I'm keeping my stock plastic shields though. If I dropped $250 I would at least want to be able to see it or feel the performance benefit.

saw this yesterday on facebook and was excited just because parts are still being made for our cars

ya i say props looks sick. Not sure if i would be down to get this though it might not work with the awr deep oil pan

just glad people are still taking a interest in these cars.

saw this yesterday on facebook and was excited just because parts are still being made for our cars

My thoughts exactly.

I could see this causing more heat to be retained when the car is stopped and idling, but once you're moving it may actually improve airflow through the engine bay, depending on how well it was designed/tested. There could also be some aerodynamic benefits at higher speeds.... but that's something that would require some testing to verify.

I think it's cool... But a little to pricey for something I'll see only when I jack the car up... Lol

Back