MSP Blew up, now got TSX

... I call it 'my sister's silver bullet'...

(boom04)
silver_bullet_vibrator_LG.jpg

well i probably bent a rod, then it took out that cylinder. that's what seems like what happened. the ticking was coming from the valve cover.

unfortunately, stock msp levels are not stock n/a levels and they're the same innards :(

actually, come to think of it, I think ogsp5 bent a rod in his n/a block. I'll have to confirm.

Last edited:
no it was not at stock power lvls. i was under boost while getting on the freeway, it bucked a little and the ticking started soon after, but not too soon.

the FS internals have been taking 150whp without much problem for much longer than the MSP has been around. it isn't until around 200whp that the internals start to come into question. of course, a manufacturing flaw somewhere along the chain, neglected maintenance, bad fuel, bad sensors, etc..., all can come into play as cars age

Wait, so you weren't making boost and putting load on the rods on the freeway directly before the parking lot incident?

What were your mods and what were you boosting at WOT?

i'm kinda' dringk rignw now, so in'a; not bale ot toybe well. modas arke as floows: mam fmis, htowires, pg intke, colde plungs. th's all. i kindna pucnhed it gettin on the freewya but ]th'sa all.

A tsx k24 backed by a six speed manual would be great. But hey, you've at least got navi.;)

yeah yeah. it's auto. :( as i said before, that's my only regret. but beggars can't be choosers in the used car market, you get what you can. the only 6sp in the chain was a white one with tan interior and wood trim, it made me wanna vomit. also, that one was 8k more.

Def thro some RonJon wheels on it, their hubcentric! lol...pics mayne, pics!!

auto? :(

How about some pics?

My cousin owns a modded TSX which is really fun to drive. What are your plans for it?

Back