MS3 Wheel Fitment Pics & Specs

Okay guys, I need some help on specs in terms of what will fit nicely... (2008 Mazdaspeed3)

Wheel is 17x7.5 +40

Tire options (specifically looking at Hankook Ventus V12):
225/50-17
235/45-17
245/45-17 (closest in ratio to stock)

On BC Coilovers, which should give a little more room...

Is 245mm too much on a 7.5" wheel? I can roll my fenders no problem...
What tire size would you guys go with?

for a 7.5 and 40 os I would go 235/45, but then again if you want to be safe and tucked then I would say you can go 225/50

it's kinda tricky...i love the meaty, aggressive look and will be tracking my car, but I want the wheel gap eliminated and the car to look good.

the issue now is that 225/50 is more expensive and they don't have the hankook v12 in that size...235/45 has the hankook for cheaper, plus a current $60 rebate!
but 245/45 is only .1% different than OEM, so...

thanks for the advice- it looks like 235 is the way to go at this point

I've got the coilovers installed, but I don't think the funds will be there for the new wheels and tires. Thus I will be running on OEM and all-seasons at least for this summer :(

However, after looking at the car on BC Coilovers, I think 235/45 is the best bet. 245 would probably rub way too much. 225 would work as well, but tire choices are more expensive and limited options...

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

Some rubbing in the front at full lock but other than that they seem to fit fine. Rears may need to get pulled though. Oh and I kept the took the TPMS sensors from oems and had them put on the works

18x8.5 et38 Work Emotion CR kai in Gunmetal
235/40 Nitto NT555

Just got home from work and the car rubs on bumps and potholes. I checked the tires and rim lips and didnt see any damage. What could i do to help prevent that??? I also set my rear coils to "25" out of "33" to increase stiffness. Would rear camber help the tires tuck in?? Should i buy camber arms??

If your fenders are already rolled then I would say it's time to stretch them abit to give it more clearance since you are running a 8.5 with 235's..but I would suggest getting yourself some adj camber links that way you can set more negative camber to get them to tuck, but your going to be chewing up tires just fyi because of the minus camber. eh, you have to pay to play I guess...

fenders are rolled.

Just got home from work and the car rubs on bumps and potholes. I checked the tires and rim lips and didnt see any damage. What could i do to help prevent that??? I also set my rear coils to "25" out of "33" to increase stiffness. Would rear camber help the tires tuck in?? Should i buy camber arms??

setting your coils to the stiffest setting will help but won't fix the problem. lowering a car naturally generates neg camber and camber arms actually correct it, so they would give you less camber. don't know if you've had an alignment but you might be able to get a little more neg camber out of the factory adjustment. can you tell exactly where the tire is hitting in the rear? the tire could be hitting on the leading or trailing edge of the fender and not at the top. you might try rolling your fender further down the leading edge and not just at the top of the arc. the trailing edge of the fender is obviously plastic but can easily be trimmed back with a dremel. the point where the bumper attaches to the fender seems to stick out quite a bit. i've trimmed back that point from the inside on mine. if all else fails you might need a slight fender pull to make it fit. going down to 225s would be an easier fix but you can probably make the 235s fit with a little work.

Whoever has or is attempting pulling off 245, is it worth the hassle with all the fender rolling and modification? Really are we trying too hard to be much like an STi?? MS3 was never meant to handle such wide tire anyway? What are the benefits of anything wider than 235 other than looks?

Latest posts

Back