MS3 Loose Stabilizer Bar Nut - Clunks from the rear

Mine definitely wasn't that... the dealer tried to tell me that too... "the tight suspension is going to make more noise"... I told him I know that, but this was not normal tight suspension noise... but he looked at me like I was stupid... what happened, they ended up replacing my passanger rear strut (it was BENT!), multiple rear suspension bushings, both of my stabilizer bar link bolts (both were loose and threads got jacked up), and they ordered new stabilizer bar bushings that are on national back order and I have to bring the car back for installation when they come in... my car has 800 LIGHTLY driven miles on it... never put above 5k and never cornered hard. I drive on the bad streets of Norfolk, VA though, tons of bumps and cracks and holes, but never drove stupid through the minefield of crap.

anymore clunks from front?

07 Mz3 Clunking

alright, ive read it all, and dont see any other NON speed3's complaining. My rear is clunking like a mother, i'll check those endlinks tonight and get back to you all. I hope this is my problem as well, only because that will fix this damned clunking noise. For the record, its a 2007 Mazda3 5-door, lowered on sportlines, with koni yellows. Ill let you guys know what happens.

Same chit on mine MS3

I have not been on the forum for a while Thanks for the info. I really was concerned of the noise was really bothering me over bumps. It was making me crazy , like wtf is that. I will call Mazda Corporate and complain so they can set a recall if everyone does it they will set it out as issue that needs to be addressed. Thank again everyone you all great . (iagree)

I've actually been having the same problem on my 2007 Mazda3. It is not a mazda speed 3. I just purchased it from a used car dealer (1 week ago it has 36,000 miles). I started hearing a clunking noise coming from the passengers side near the trunk. It is a clunking noise. I will get under the car tonight and see whats up. Starting to regret buying a mazda already.

I've actually been having the same problem on my 2007 Mazda3. It is not a mazda speed 3. I just purchased it from a used car dealer (1 week ago it has 36,000 miles). I started hearing a clunking noise coming from the passengers side near the trunk. It is a clunking noise. I will get under the car tonight and see whats up. Starting to regret buying a mazda already.
I would regret buying from a used car dealer rather than buying a mazda but, that's just me (boom08)

Thats it. Its an easy fix for you do not fret. Read the fixes we did. Mine did it and has been fine for 30000 since. Speed 3. Just some lock tite and retorque. easy to get to too. Good luck!

Got underneath the car and checked the bolts or whatever. Everything was tight. Took it to the dealership and apparently it became unbalanced. You guys were right on with the diagnosis though! Thanks for the help.

So i had the clunking as well, took it to get it looked at, got it tightened. The link was still good tho and i still had the clunk, turns out my strut went bad. anyone else had this? I plan on getting the BC coilovers and thought i might as well get the awr endlinks while i'm at it...

So i had the clunking as well, took it to get it looked at, got it tightened. The link was still good tho and i still had the clunk, turns out my strut went bad. anyone else had this? I plan on getting the BC coilovers and thought i might as well get the awr endlinks while i'm at it...

My right rear shock blew somewhere between 10,000 and 15,000 miles. Haven't had time to fix it but, i think i'm gonna get some koni FSD's and just replace all of them.

i got my rear stabalizer bar fixed at the dealership abou a week after i got it because i heard the clunking and now again at 40000 miles the damn thing started clunking again. im going to put her up on the lift and just do it myself. stupid asses.

Back