MS3 hood

:
Cosmic Blue MS3
Has anyone heard anything about a lighter alternative to our stock hood even being worked on, the only thing I've even found that has to do with the apperance of the car being offered is the front bumper and grill that corksport has on their site.

zoom-zoomhatch said:
Has anyone heard anything about a lighter alternative to our stock hood even being worked on, the only thing I've even found that has to do with the apperance of the car being offered is the front bumper and grill that corksport has on their site.
hm..

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Watch that video.. then come back.

I just wanted an excuse to post that link..

its been awhile since Ive watched it. :)

Last edited:
evo style hood

I think it'd be nice to have an evo style hood that would allow better air flow exit from the TMIC. If momory serves right the air enters the front goes through the ducting, hits the intercooler then exits the engine bay wherever on the otherside of the intercooler. So I'm also thinking cowl induction would help pull that heat out?

nocoastgangster said:
I think it'd be nice to have an evo style hood that would allow better air flow exit from the TMIC. If momory serves right the air enters the front goes through the ducting, hits the intercooler then exits the engine bay wherever on the otherside of the intercooler. So I'm also thinking cowl induction would help pull that heat out?
lol

the air doesnt exit anywhere really.. it just rams itself into the intercooler..

:)

I really dont want a STI scoop.. something more sublte.. like.. same design even.. except all carbonfiber .. with the ducting all CF on the underneath also.

^^ yeah I always wondered about that.. the air gets blown into the top of the TMIC, but right underneath the tmic is.. the valve cover. where's it gonna go?

vlave cover gypsies adopt the air and they sell forged engines in happy land!
All my students are gone from school till Jan 8th. **** yeah!

its pretty cool how that air just....disappears! BTW, anybody but their hand on the top mount IC just after a ride? Its nice and cold!, ahh good ol thermal transfer actually works!

the air flows as in my expert cad drawing when the car is moving; blue is cool, orange is warm and red is hot

when the car is stopped, the fans push warm rad air towards the back and the turbo heat rises towards the TMIC and it gets heat soaked.

Attachments

• ms3.JPG
    ms3.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 152
Yeah, I can't imagine a worse spot for an Intercooler. FMIC are usually the best for performance, then a hoodscoop would most likely be next in line. Not sure why they want to put the IC directly above the block, I guess moving it back 12 inches probably doesn't make much difference either. (like on a suby).

neit_jnf said:
the air flows as in my expert cad drawing when the car is moving; blue is cool, orange is warm and red is hot

when the car is stopped, the fans push warm rad air towards the back and the turbo heat rises towards the TMIC and it gets heat soaked.

that's great cad work man!

Fuchs said:
Yeah, I can't imagine a worse spot for an Intercooler. FMIC are usually the best for performance, then a hoodscoop would most likely be next in line. Not sure why they want to put the IC directly above the block, I guess moving it back 12 inches probably doesn't make much difference either. (like on a suby).

I say the underhood scoops are much more efficient than a hood scoop. A hood scoop would have to be really tall to actually catch much air. Look at it this way: when your car is wet, and you drive, the front end of the car gets dried very quickly. What doesn't dry nearly as fast? the part of the hood where a hood scoop would be. You'd have to have STi scoop height to grab much air.

Back